Fascinate bluetooth fix?
matey56

I am now on my second Samsung Fascinate...my first one wouldn't answer calls. Once I updated to 2.2 a few months back I've been having bluetooth problems. The phone no longer automatically connects to my car (2011 Equinox) and drops the call when I can get it to connect. It does the same thing for my Jawbone. I can turn the bluetooth radio on and off and it works for while then disconnects again. Does anyone know if there is something that can be done?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate bluetooth fix?
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi catianusa,

I want to first start by saying that we definitely care about our customers and want each of you to have an operable device.  I am here to help.  I see the OP and your comment were posted on 07/27/11.  Hopefully, you all were able to take advantage of the Software Update  that was released on 07/28/11 and your issues are alleviated.  If you are still having issues, Please send me a PM and advise the specific problems you have with your device.  I look forward to hearing form you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
catianusa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Leave Verizon and go somewhere else because in my opinion they don't care about their customers whether your phone works or not. You pay a arm and leg for these phones that should work being that they are new and many of them don't work and your stuck with a trashy phone that doesn't work and stuck in your contract until it ends or you buy yourself out.  My suggestion leave Verizon and go somewhere else.  That is what I am going to do.  They never want to help the customer.

0 Likes
tn2005c6
Enthusiast - Level 2

This might work for you, it did for me.  I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX and I too was having Bluetooth issues with my Fascinate.  I unpaired my Fascinate from the SRX and then rebooted the phone.  I then repaired to the SRX and this time when you get the accept message on the Fascinate be sure and check the box to always connect to "Your Vehicle" and then cliock OK.  My SRX shows up as "Your Vehicel" on my phone's Bluetooth menu.  Anyway, I have had no issues since preforming this procedure with my Fascinate connecting to my SRX.  Just a note, you cannot store your phonebook on the HDD (Hard Drive Device) in my SRX but, you can still access your phonebook by doing the following:  Press the "Talk Button" on steering wheel and say "Hands Free" system will respnd with "Ready" or something like that, then say "Blue Tooth" system will respond with "Ready" then say "Voice" and then the system will respond with "Connecting to .................(Whatever your phone name is).  Then you simply use your normal phone voice commands to dial from your phone.  Good Luck.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi catianusa,

I want to first start by saying that we definitely care about our customers and want each of you to have an operable device.  I am here to help.  I see the OP and your comment were posted on 07/27/11.  Hopefully, you all were able to take advantage of the Software Update  that was released on 07/28/11 and your issues are alleviated.  If you are still having issues, Please send me a PM and advise the specific problems you have with your device.  I look forward to hearing form you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums, 

0 Likes