Re: Fascinate 2.2 (froyo) failure
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
This sounds like an issue i had while taking my phone to the dentist. I remember that error message only showing up for like a second and then disappearing, had to go through the error a bunch of times to find out what it said. Looked it up online and it was an error some people were getting with the first update the fascinate pushed out back in september. Those phones had to be replaced :smileysad:
0 Likes
tanman2324

UGHHHH!!! so stupid. Oh well i'll hopefully get it replaced tomorrow when i visit verizon.

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you havent checked the other threads if you have the 3rd party app google search installed - remove it and try the d/l again. seems like alot are having that issue for some reason.

0 Likes
tanman2324

huh?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

For those having issues downloading the update OTA, an update.zip is now available. http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/20/just-in-samsung-fascinate-froyo-update-starts-early-rolling-...

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Are you able to use any data on your device?  What is your current software version?  If the device is rooted, the warranty is voided.  The Verizon Wireless software version prior to the 2.2 update is i500.EA28.  To view the software version, please follow the steps below.

• From the main screen, touch menu tab
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch About Phone
  • View information under Baseband Version

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message with your 10-digit mobile number, and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
critofur

{edit for TOS violation}

{edit for TOS violation}

does not permanently change the phone and it does NOT affect the hardware.  It is simply absurd to connect anything to do with the warranty to rooting.

Good customer service would mean that CSRs will

{edit for TOS violation}

your phone FOR you if you ask.

It's rediculous that you can't CHOOSE which apps run or don't run at startup.

It's rediculous that you can't CHOOSE what apps are installed or not on your OWN phone?

I don't WANT Yahoo! to run every time I run my phone, I don't want half the other apps that keep automatically launching WITHOUT my permission to keep running even though I dont USE them!

I don't want to be nickel-and-dimed with fee after fee when my basic service is ALREADY VERY EXPENSIVE to begin with! 

This phone should not have been released until 2.2 was ready.  2.2 finally makes it a great phone/android device. 

I would say, that it's an Android first, phone second.  It's still not nearly as convenient to use as a phone, as older, simpler phones were.

0 Likes