Fascinate 2.2 (froyo) failure
tanman2324

Is anyone else having issues downloading froyo? Mine has failed 3 times and now it wont even downloading saying the servers unavailable???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate 2.2 (froyo) failure
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Are you able to use any data on your device?  What is your current software version?  If the device is rooted, the warranty is voided.  The Verizon Wireless software version prior to the 2.2 update is i500.EA28.  To view the software version, please follow the steps below.

• From the main screen, touch menu tab
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch About Phone
  • View information under Baseband Version

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message with your 10-digit mobile number, and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGiraffe78
The server is jammed right now. Just keep trying or wait till morning when the traffic calms down some.
0 Likes
Sweetie1215

?Have you tried taking out the battery and rebooting your phone?

0 Likes
tanman2324

Yes, i just put the battery back in and it's downloading again. Hopefully this works. I'm going to verizon tomorrow anyway because of other issues i've been having with this phone. If it doesnt work i'll just ask them there. Thanks for the help guys.

0 Likes
TheGiraffe78
Good luck.
0 Likes
tanman2324

Oh, sorry just one more question. Does the froyo update allow the TV out option through the 3.5mm headphone jack?

0 Likes
TheGiraffe78
Do not believe so. I have not seen any literature on that. I could be wrong but I am about 80% sure that it doesn't include this.
0 Likes
tanman2324

Ya it failed again. Last Samsung phone i buy....

0 Likes
Grahxen

your download failed or the actual update?

0 Likes
tanman2324

It downloaded then restarted and when it went to install b4 it could it said update error something something something. idk

0 Likes