Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!
techlife2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarrant wrote:

In light of new information of the past 24 hours, which I'm considering to be credible based on multiple reports from multiple sources around here.... I'm upgrading my position from defeated cynicism to one cautiously raised eyebrow.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In light of your most recent "well-worded" comment, I was just curious: - "who do you write for or are you a freelancer?

0 Likes
rrman1219

Techlife2,

There would probably be some happiness and/or excitement if Verizon would acknowledge to all of its Fascinate customers that 2.2 is in fact available.  VZ lied to all of us to get us to purchase the phone advising that an update was right around the corner when in fact we have waited for a year and still no update.  Where is the announcement that the update is available?  Show me on my account page or on a Verizon internet announcement that it is available.  Problem is you will not find it.  So, don’t tell us to be happy and/or excited until Verizon acknowledges their mistakes.  VZ defrauded each one of its Fascinate customers by lying to us in the store that the update would be available in days.

Further, VZ is going to push out the update OTA?  Uh, no!  Why is the rest of the world downloading the update through Samsung Kies?  If 2.2 went out OTA, VZ’s network would crash instantly due to the file size.

Stop leading people on and talk facts!  Have VZ post on my account page or send me info that the update is available and I will be happy and excited ALL day long.   Until then, it is all hear-say!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

theupdate will be ota

it will be staggered, not everyone will get it at once.  they stagger all the updates.

there are too many people that have no clue how to even copy a file to the phone, let alone run keis for an update

then add those they may not have high speed(or any internet)

0 Likes
rrman1219

mdram4x4,

You are right that most would not be able to download from Kies.  Still, I will not believe VZ until they officially advise the update is available.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

rrman1219 wrote:

Further, VZ is going to push out the update OTA?  Uh, no!  Why is the rest of the world downloading the update through Samsung Kies?  If 2.2 went out OTA, VZ’s network would crash instantly due to the file size.

Because the Fascinate doesn't have a Kies mode so Mini Kies won't work.  It's the same for the Epic 4G on Sprint.  Sprint rolled it out OTA and made it available on Samsung's website via an update.zip that could be flashed via recovery.  A likely 150-200MB+ file over verizon 3G is probably the most ineffective method ever.  Not sure why they insist on limiting it to only 3G and not allowing wifi downloads.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It begins

VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless 
#Froyo update for #Samsung Fascinate begins tomorrow! Get all the froyo info here
VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless #Froyo update for #Samsung Fascinate begins tomorrow! Get all the froyo info here

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_fascinate.pdf

And looks like it'll just be OTA via push and pull.  Now you just gotta hope you don't have one of those phones that don't like to update. :smileyhappy:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_fascinate_instructions.pdf

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

what if i dont want to upgrade :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
techlife2

Froyo is here - drinks on me!  Whoppie!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
frightking

So silly question, since I am new to all this, I see that they say there IS an update to 2.2 available on Verizon. I follow the steps for the update but my phone says there is NO update available. Am I doing something wrong or is it that the update is not technically available at this moment? Also can someone tell me or point to a site that can tell me what are the differances between 2.1 and 2.2 besides speed?

Excited as all get out for an update..........

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You missed the initial part of the post saying it doesn't start until tomorrow.  And even tomorrow, it may still show that there isn't an update available because of how they're staggering the update.  If you don't have it by next Friday, then I'd worry.

0 Likes