FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member

If this doesn't just beat all!  The opensource code has been released from Samsung, Verizon has stated they will be doing a push (OTA) for the Froyo 2.2 update on a random basis....and everyone is still unhappy!  I would have thought there would have been a little more happiness and excitement in the air this morning! Come on, people, don''t worry - be happy!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Verizon Employee

Verizon Wireless will begin pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate tomorrow. Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will be able to download the update manually starting tomorrow by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Sr. Member

 


techlife2 wrote:

If this doesn't just beat all!  The opensource code has been released from Samsung, Verizon has stated they will be doing a push (OTA) for the Froyo 2.2 update on a random basis....and everyone is still unhappy!  I would have thought there would have been a little more happiness and excitement in the air this morning! Come on, people, don''t worry - be happy!  :smileyhappy:


 

  I know the Source code was released, where is there anything about Verizon officially doing the update? If I see the notification, I will be happy as a clam.

 Who is still complaining?

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member
0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member

  I know the Source code was released, where is there anything about Verizon officially doing the update? If I see the notification, I will be happy as a clam.

 Who is still complaining?

 

I am the one who said Verizon is offically pushing the Froyo update - the confirmation I have is in an e-mail I received from Verizon - please believe me.  If I could figure out how to get the e-mail off my phone and on to this forum, I would do it! Sorry, but that is best I can do! 

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member

forward the email to me and I will get it posted here.{edited for privacy}

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Novice

techlife2 wrote:

  I know the Source code was released, where is there anything about Verizon officially doing the update? If I see the notification, I will be happy as a clam.

 Who is still complaining?

 

I am the one who said Verizon is offically pushing the Froyo update - the confirmation I have is in an e-mail I received from Verizon - please believe me.  If I could figure out how to get the e-mail off my phone and on to this forum, I would do it! Sorry, but that is best I can do! 


Try copy and paste, that should do it..
0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Novice

nickjr wrote:

techlife2 wrote:

  I know the Source code was released, where is there anything about Verizon officially doing the update? If I see the notification, I will be happy as a clam.

 Who is still complaining?

 

I am the one who said Verizon is offically pushing the Froyo update - the confirmation I have is in an e-mail I received from Verizon - please believe me.  If I could figure out how to get the e-mail off my phone and on to this forum, I would do it! Sorry, but that is best I can do! 


Try copy and paste, that should do it..

 

Yeah, even the iPhone can do that now. (Oh, no he didn't)

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member

how can you possibly "copy and paste' using two completely different medias - phone and computer?

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Sr. Member

 


techlife2 wrote:

how can you possibly "copy and paste' using two completely different medias - phone and computer?


From your phone, send it through email to your Google account, then on the computer, login to your Google account, then copy and paste.

 

0 Likes

Re: FROYO IS ON THE WAY- AND YA'LL ARE STILL COMPLAINING!

Member

Here is my "inside information" :

 

4/15/11

 

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We understand your frustration with not having a set date on when the firmware update for Android Operating System (OS) 2.2 will be available for the Samsung Fascinate. We are happy to assist you with checking for updates for the Samsung Fascinate.
 
We appreciate your interest in our products and services. Based on the information provided, you are aware that Verizon Wireless has received the latest firmware update from Samsung. The firmware update is pushed to Samsung Fascinate users to ensure the network is not overloaded with downloading the update. Currently we do not have a specific date of when the push will be received by your device as it is random. If you would like to manually check the Samsung Fascinate for the latest update, please use the link below for instructions:

0 Likes