Re: FROYO 2.2 UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

ha, another **bleep** account to started just to complain. it should be a forum requirement for people to post at least 50 non complaint responses before they can complain, violaters will be ousted.

I had this thread mixed up with one of the thousands of other complaint threads, my bad.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

You too are complaining! Guess each of us have our own things to complain about or things that really bug us! All of us should be tolerant of the complaints of others, sometimes we can learn from others' complaints!

0 Likes
rossOREGON

THIS IS TRUE I HAVE A LITTLE BIRDIE FRIEND THAT HAPPENS TO  UM WORK AT THE ESTABLISHMENT AND HAS  SAID IT WILL BE THE NEXT OS FOR FASCINATE  IM EXCITED

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Did your little birdie friend happen to tweet anything about when this is going to happen? This month, this year or next year?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol.  It's common sense that it'll be the NEXT update. 

0 Likes
rjr162

I think it's funny Samsung gave that email **bleep** about the 2.2 update and all. While the Galaxy S does cover a range of phones (I have a Galaxy S GT-i9000T), they've already pushed out 2.2 updates a while ago for their i9000 lines, and even 2.2.1, and are now at 2.3.2 (samfirmware.com)

I know you can get it via the KIES software here in the US with a gt-i9000T if you tell KIES you're in Europe (though you have to watch which modem firmware or your 3G may be on the wrong band and be INOP and stuck with EDGE). Now I know that's different for you guys because of the CDMA, but I just thought I'd let you guys know I think it's more Verizon than anyone...

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1
US Cellular's Galaxy S model has Froyo before the Fascinate. Freakin' US Cellular. And I believe the Mesmerize came out AFTER the Fascinate.

Both the Mesmerize and the Epic are CDMA phones, like the Fascinate, and both have official Froyo updates. It should be embarrassing at this point.

I am due an upgrade. I was considering the upcoming Samsung Droid Charge, but Samsung and Verizon have fumbled so much together recently that I may have to go with the Thunderbolt. I know HTC won't be the bottleneck.
0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you for your patients,

0 Likes
supermack

the update is out go to about in settings then hit check for updates a verizon update screen will appear it will download when its finished it randomly pops up 2.2 froyo update click ok then it will reboot and remove 2.1 replacing it with 2.2

0 Likes