Re: FROYO 2.2 UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

I tried that with mine and got the message: no new software available

0 Likes
SJA1906

I've tried manually updating menu>settings>About phone>System Updates> Check new and for some reason I keep getting an error message (Code 500) saying the server is unvailable. I've tried a soft reset (removing the battery) and hard reset (factory restore) and STILL cant get the 2.2 update. What is causing this???

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

SJA1906 wrote:

I've tried manually updating menu>settings>About phone>System Updates> Check new and for some reason I keep getting an error message (Code 500) saying the server is unvailable. I've tried a soft reset (removing the battery) and hard reset (factory restore) and STILL cant get the 2.2 update. What is causing this???

Don't waste anymore of your time, go to the Verizon store and let them figure it out or get a new replacement
0 Likes
heyjude4u

I show upgrade to 2.2 is available, but am so afraid that it will delete all my information like a hard reset does.  My contacts are backed up on backup assistant, but cannot back up calendar, app/icons, settings for so many things.  However, I was told to take out the SD card BEFORE updateing to 2.2 so would have the photos etc.  Can anybody tell me how I can save ALL my settings before updating to 2.2?  Also, it it worth it to update to 2.2?  Is it really better?  I am having to take out battery because my Samsung Fascinate freezes with the 2.1; and also had to do hard reset when I couldn't send photos with emails....it had frozen.  Thanks for any help.  Heyjude4wu

0 Likes
bellesforever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recieved my 2.2,1 update a little over a week ago for my fascinate..i am still not getting adobe flash player..can you help..btw..i had no problems with the update other than the adobe .

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Sorry about the problems you been having with the software upgrade. May I ask have you verified that wifi is turned off on the device? Are you able to browse the web on the device? After turning wifi off, you can do a battery pull & update the device prl using *228 option 2. If the issue persist, feel free to send me a private message for additional steps and options,

Arnetth_VZW

0 Likes
lanahwanna

I did the update on Saturday May 14, 2011 and I recommend not to do it... My phone has frozen after I have done the update. I hit a application on my phone it sits there for a minute and then it will open it, If i try to move the page it freezes for a min then moves the page. It is a horrible update I am extremely mad at myself because part of me knew i shouldn't have done the update because whenever my boyfriend did a update on his phone from verizon his phone acted funny... And now mine is so i dont recommend to do the update

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

lanahwanna wrote:

I did the update on Saturday May 14, 2011 and I recommend not to do it... My phone has frozen after I have done the update. I hit a application on my phone it sits there for a minute and then it will open it, If i try to move the page it freezes for a min then moves the page. It is a horrible update I am extremely mad at myself because part of me knew i shouldn't have done the update because whenever my boyfriend did a update on his phone from verizon his phone acted funny... And now mine is so i dont recommend to do the update

Do a factory reset that should clear up your issue...
0 Likes
lhogue

My Fascinate doesn't even show the update.  I've gone to "About Phone", then "System Updates" and then "Check New".  Nothing comes up.  So what do I do?

0 Likes
lisahogue1

Same thing happened to me!

0 Likes