Exchange Services Battery Life Drain
AbracaDebra

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Nexus for several months now.  In the last few days Exchange Srevices is eating my battery life.  I have searched on the internet for a soulution to this problem.  I have read several suggestoins, but nothing seems to be a permanent fix.  Does anyone know what is causing this & how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Exchange Services Battery Life Drain
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have an issue with exchange services on my Nexus, but have you tried to remove the account and then add it back on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AbracaDebra

I have tried that.  It helped for about 1 day & started doing it again.  Everything I have researched so far suggests that I turn of features that I want to use.  I do not regard that as a solution.  I did not have a problem at all until just this week & have the phone for several months.  I did nothing new or different.  I have no idea why this started all of a sudden.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AbracaDebra,

I'm sure a longer battery life would make your Exchange email experience a much better one! Are you using any battery saver or anti-virus applications currently? If so, I do recommend removing them as they can have the opposite effect on performance. Are you using the stock Exchange service or using an application from the Play store to receive your Exchange emails? If may help to use one if you do not use one now. Let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look in your applications or on your battery use screen. There is an application called BIP which is used to synchronize your contacts with certain applications and other accounts from what I understand. I notice on mine that when it shows up in my battery usage screen, my battery life is greatly diminished and will often just die overnight when it has around half battery left at bedtime. It seems that there are times that it's getting hung up and running in the background much more than it should. I have been force closing it when it shows up and my battery life goes back to normal, right, wrong or coincidence aside. It starts back up when needed but closes regularly when not for most of the time. I started noticing the same thing in about the same time frame you mentioned.

0 Likes
dfront21

We have been having the same issue as well. Our Galaxy Nexus Exchange Services ate up 4gb of data in 4 days! What does Verizon say? Sorry, don't know what to tell you.

I googled the issue and apparently this is happening with a lot of Galaxy Nexus devices.

0 Likes