Re: Euro Galaxy S getting Gingerbread
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

M91-30 wrote:

they're completely different phones, in completely different countries.

So true, those countries don't have Verizon The Silent One to be ignored by.

Move to Europe and let  us know how you like it.  I have personally lived there for a few years, and I tell you...  US and Europe are two different markets, and two different ways of doing things.  I would think 99% of the people complaining and trying to compare Europe to the US would change their mind if they lived there, and there's that 1% that like to troll around about it.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I lived in Germany for a year, and I loved it. I know how to keep a low profile in europe, though. I only had problems once when someone found out I was american, and decided the actions of my country's political system automatically were mine. this was at a place where a lot of americans hung out, though, and not somewhere I went too often.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Again I get quoted and apparently misunderstood: Let me try again to be clear. I believe the US is the greatest country on the face of the earth, this discussion has NOTHING to do with which country is better, OK? I have been consistent from the onset; I have asked of Verizon Corporate to simply make an announcement with information. Such as YES or NO we will update Fascinate to Froyo.

Should the answer happened to be yes, then please explain why is taking so long. Please notice the word: WHEN does not appear in my statement anywhere. My complaint is about the SILENCE, not about when or if. What I request is reasonable. The silence to me is offensive. What exactly is so hard to understand about the above?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

Again I get quoted and apparently misunderstood: Let me try again to be clear. I believe the US is the greatest country on the face of the earth, this discussion has NOTHING to do with which country is better, OK? I have been consistent from the onset; I have asked of Verizon Corporate to simply make an announcement with information. Such as YES or NO we will update Fascinate to Froyo.

Should the answer happened to be yes, then please explain why is taking so long. Please notice the word: WHEN does not appear in my statement anywhere. My complaint is about the SILENCE, not about when or if. What I request is reasonable. The silence to me is offensive. What exactly is so hard to understand about the above?

Then you SHOULD already know the answer.  Samsung as stated BEFORE the release of ANY Galaxy S device ever release that ALL Galaxy S devices will be upgraded to Froyo.  They did not however state WHEN.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

M91-30 wrote:

I lived in Germany for a year, and I loved it. I know how to keep a low profile in europe, though. I only had problems once when someone found out I was american, and decided the actions of my country's political system automatically were mine. this was at a place where a lot of americans hung out, though, and not somewhere I went too often.

My cousin lives up in France and he loves it there.  Most people don't understand the differences in markets, and believes if it happens in Europe it should happen here in the states.  There's a huge difference between the legal "red tape", and not to mention protocols of how things get done.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Then you SHOULD already know the answer.  Samsung as stated BEFORE the release of ANY Galaxy S device ever release that ALL Galaxy S devices will be upgraded to Froyo.  They did not however state WHEN.

I write about Verizon Corporation and you talk about Samsung. I have never read or recieved any information from Samsung, ever stating that the Verizon Fascinate will be for a fact updated to Froyo... never. Please provide a link to the statement you made above from Samsung corp, not the people that answer their phones or write e-mails, I want to see a Corporate news release not hearsay.

Now back to Verizon Corporation, the one I paid for the phone, the one I pay money to every month, the one that allows their employees to make statements that do not coincide with reality....Why the Silence?  Make a statement in the News section of your own Forum.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty sure the docking station created by Samsung to work only with 2.2 was a direct line to knowing the Fascinate would be upgraded (eventually).  Some things are obvious." When" however is not.

As for the previous rant about Verizon .... it's not that some of us are great defenders of this company.  Not really the case at all.  It's just that some of us have used more than one or two providers and come to realize that should you choose to move to another provider, all you would be doing is getting a chance to argue with some NEW people, complain about a different PROBLEM and have more DROPPED CALLS and POOR COVERAGE in comparison.  Bottom line is, good luck thinking any of these companies give a bleep about you or me or any long term customer to the extent which you some how feel entitled to.  We're not being proponents of "BIG BUSINESS"  we are simply being realistic until any company out there can prove it differently. 

I have become increasingly irritated with those of you who feel that if any customer signs on to these forums and doesn't blast the bleep out of VZW or Samsung, that they are somehow employed by one or the two.  Just pretty much is a stupid way of thinking IMHO.  Get over it.  Get your Froyo or wait for the OTA but come up with something else that is useful because much of this whining crap isn't.  Have a happy Froyed day!

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

ladybell wrote:

Pretty sure the docking station created by Samsung to work only with 2.2 was a direct line to knowing the Fascinate would be upgraded (eventually).  Some things are obvious." When" however is not. So you believe in Froyo because a dock sold for our phones does not work without 2.2, however if an owner believed in Froyo (at time of purchase) because he was told by a Verizon employee, he's an idiot. That really is very logical thinking.

As for the previous rant about Verizon .... it's not that some of us are great defenders of this company.  Not really the case at all.  It's just that some of us have used more than one or two providers and come to realize that should you choose to move to another provider, all you would be doing is getting a chance to argue with some NEW people, complain about a different PROBLEM and have more DROPPED CALLS and POOR COVERAGE in comparison.  Bottom line is, good luck thinking any of these companies give a bleep about you or me or any long term customer to the extent which you some how feel entitled to.  We're not being proponents of "BIG BUSINESS"  we are simply being realistic until any company out there can prove it differently. So your realistic approach is all big companies will shaft you, get used to it and shut up about it. I don't believe you for a second, your personality comes thru when you write loud and clear, if a company of any size **bleep** you off; you will fight back and by no means quietly.

I have become increasingly irritated with those of you who feel that if any customer signs on to these forums and doesn't blast the bleep out of VZW or Samsung, that they are somehow employed by one or the two.  Just pretty much is a stupid way of thinking IMHO.  Get over it.  Get your Froyo or wait for the OTA but come up with something else that is useful because much of this whining crap isn't.  Have a happy Froyed day!  I don't want you to blast any company you are happy with, why should you? However it does bother you apperently that I voice my discontent in regards to Verizon's Silence which is the only area that I have repeatedly mentioned. The arrogant silence I find offensive and I will not shut up about it. :smileytongue:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

I write about Verizon Corporation and you talk about Samsung. I have never read or recieved any information from Samsung, ever stating that the Verizon Fascinate will be for a fact updated to Froyo... never. Please provide a link to the statement you made above from Samsung corp, not the people that answer their phones or write e-mails, I want to see a Corporate news release not hearsay.

Now back to Verizon Corporation, the one I paid for the phone, the one I pay money to every month, the one that allows their employees to make statements that do not coincide with reality....Why the Silence?  Make a statement in the News section of your own Forum.

Now I know you are trolling.  You could search that information without fail and find numerous instances from Samsung in tweets from Samsung USA stating they are working on the update, you will always find the CES where Samsung stated We WILL update ALL Galaxy S devices to 2.2.  These are NOT hearsay and officially from Samsung themselves.

The only thing they didn't say was WHEN.  Since Samsung released the 2.2 source code for the Fascinate recently it's only a matter of time before it gets released to the Fascinate.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I don't tweet, whatever that is. I did not attend the CES. Since it was so simple you could have easily provided a link supporting your statement, instead you call me a troll. My problem is with Verizon not you.

0 Likes