Euro Galaxy S getting Gingerbread
FatFetaMan

http://www.androidcentral.com/gingerbread-galaxy-s-reportedly-rolling-out-europe

What is wrong with Verizon? They've had 8 months to release Froyo, and other phones are about to receive Gingerbread.

I don't want to hear about "stringent testing" or anything else. There's zero excuse for this.

Can a Verizon rep please comment? Can we simply be upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3) instead of Froyo?

0 Likes
Re: Euro Galaxy S getting Gingerbread
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

yea fat chance of them responding bro. I'll be happy if we see froyo nevermind gingerbread.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you know how long the European counterparts have been out and how long they had to wait?  You know they are also regulated differently than here too right?

Best to say something when other Galaxy S devices in the US starts getting GB...  Then you would have more of a legitimate complaint.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

The problem here is that some Verizon customers continue to make excuses for Verizon. Why is it that you consider it acceptable that Verizon totally ignores customers request for information? This is not National Security, ok? Verizon customers fight here like rabid dogs, you have the the group that is offended mostly by the lack of Verizon Corporate response and then you have a group that has an excuse for every example that is presented of Verizon's poor customer service.

To the second group: Why do you continue to cuddle Verizon? Do you allow yourselves to be ignored by every single company you do business with? Why do you find it acceptable for Verizon to steal from millions of customers $1.99 at a time, but will take the time to point out that if some guy that pays for an unlimited data plan was to hook up a usb cable to his laptop and go on the internet; he is a thief. Verizon steals by the millions, not a nickel or dime at a time. What is wrong with the way you people think?

You badmouth the little guy and you protect a multi-billion dollar corporation that will simply rob you blind if you don't pay very close attention to each and every monthly bill, I know that you are fully aware of all the money that Verizon has been fined for overcharging millions of their customers...but just don't care, not important, not relevant...unless maybe one day you discover they stole directly from you. Perhaps you will care then...no, you will continue to defend then.

0 Likes
Froyoed

Smokie, I agree 100%, there are some on this forum that are suspiciously and vehemently "pro-verizon". Tidbits responds on this thread citing the fact that European service providors are regulated differently to the US, yet on another thread he/she tries to belittle the fact : "Consumer protection laws?  Sorry I think of it as consumers who can't think for themselves laws." is what he/she said on another thread.

To respond to the comment about regulation/consumer protection laws in Europe, does Tidbits even know what those laws are and how they came to be? Consumer protection laws in Europe are a direct response to consumers making complaints over the past 30 years, unfortunately the response in the US is to encourage people to file lawsuits rather than pass law(s) to stop corporations like Verizon from openly misleading their customers.

Does anyone else find it strange that someone who doesn't even own a Fascinate spends so much time defending Verizon in the Fascinate forum?

0 Likes
Froyoed

Tidbits also asks if we know how long "European Counterparts" have been out, again trying to deflect the heat away from Verizon. How long a phone has been out has nothing to do with the actual issue - Froyo, and now Gingerbread, was released by Google worldwide at almost the same time, how soon it gets to the user has nothing to do with when the phone was introduced, rather it is how long it takes for the manufacturer and vendor to customise it to fit the hardware. It's quicker and easier in Europe because they don't have companies like Verizon trying to boost their profit margin by adding in their own c**p - bloatware.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

FatFetaMan wrote:

http://www.androidcentral.com/gingerbread-galaxy-s-reportedly-rolling-out-europe

What is wrong with Verizon? They've had 8 months to release Froyo, and other phones are about to receive Gingerbread.

I don't want to hear about "stringent testing" or anything else. There's zero excuse for this.

Can a Verizon rep please comment? Can we simply be upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3) instead of Froyo?

Wishful thinking, they can't seem to get Froyo out and you expect Gingerbread!!!!
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
We live in a country of folks who expect instant gratification. Yes, I would like some gingerbread please!
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

they're completely different phones, in completely different countries.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

they're completely different phones, in completely different countries.

So true, those countries don't have Verizon The Silent One to be ignored by.

0 Likes