Emergency call only mode, how to get out?

kandys

I was downloading the Samsung Kies app and then my phone went into Emergency call only mode. I have tried power down, take the battery out, reboot and recover mode and it comes back to the same, emergency call only mode. What do I do?

0 Likes

Re: Emergency call only mode, how to get out?

Ann154
Expert

Is this a message in the notification line or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

kandys, Were you able to completely download Samsung Kies? I'm wondering if that app can affect the call function on your Nexus. Did you ever set up a password on the Nexus?

I would recommend taking the device to a store to have the SIM replaced if it is still stuck in emergency call mode. Please let me know the end result.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

@TameraH_VZW

I had the emergency call mode once recently myself on my Nexus. I was able to exit it easily. I was hoping the OP would reply back with more information to see if it was a similar experience.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

glenn_b

kandys wrote:

I was downloading the Samsung Kies app and then my phone went into Emergency call only mode. I have tried power down, take the battery out, reboot and recover mode and it comes back to the same, emergency call only mode. What do I do?

I also had this problem recently and did search on Google and found this very nice guide to handle a no service or emergency calls only issue. Hope this will help you too or other people who will have the same problem. Here is the link for that.

http://www.phoneforum.com/forums/general-phone-forum/4663.htm#post9128

0 Likes