Re: EOL for verizon nexus. Does this mean we are not geting the 4.2 update ?
Brent72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too. The way VZW has handled the GNex is absolutely unacceptable and I'll seriously consider changing carriers this summer when my contract is up. I bought this phone for the pure Google experience and VZW has completely ruined it.

0 Likes
QUASI_CAUSTIC
Enthusiast - Level 1

FOR timely updates please switch to another carrier. You all suck at timely updates.

0 Likes
Aundrea72

You could also download the app: DRIPPLER ... then you will be up to date..or you can go to their FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/drippler?fref=ts

0 Likes
Aundrea72

Sprint has already upgraded from Android 4.1.1 to 4.2.1 for the Galaxy Nexus....

Also, Verizon has chosen the Nexus to be "end of life" and NOT going to upgrade anything on the phone.

Verizon Customer Service should probably also go to Drippler and get updates, since it seems that nobody in the high seats wants to let their employees in on the big (all over the internet) secret....

0 Likes
FobbingMobius
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just registered for this forum to complain about the End of Life for my Verizon Galaxy Nexus device.

It's obvious Verizon is monitoring this board, because of the editing for TOS violations, and even a ridiculous comment from a Verizon "Team Member" CSR.

I bought my GNex within a week of its release date, hoping (believing) the "Pure Nexus" hype.

Now, just 13 months after it was introduced, it's "End of Life" and no longer supported?

I've been with Verizon for many, many years ... I left Nextel when they refused to give me (a long-time customer with them at the time) the same deal they gave new subscribers.

I've loved my new-every-two plan, and my unlimited data.

We even went with a Nationwide Family Share plan, so my two teenage sons, my wife, our house line, and my Droid could share minutes, etc.

At this point, I think I'm done. One son (who's never know any cell provider other than Verizon) is about to get married, and I'm kicking him off our family plan (lol). We can lose the house phone. My wife gets her phone from her employer now.

I'm tired of waiting to be the last one to get updates for a phone I bought specifically because it was "pure Google."

I'm tired of being threatened with loss of my unlimited data plan if I don't buy a non-subsidized phone.

I'm not looking forward to paying the same price as subsidized-phone users, even though I'm going to be forced to buy an unsubsidized phone to keep the unlimited data plan.

I'm tired of my "pure google" phone being crippled, with built-in features turned off because they compete with Verizon "products. (Wallet, anyone? Where is that fabled Verizon electronic payment method, anyway?)

I'll suffer through the remaining 10 months of my contract (even though my device is EOL), and hope that by December 2013, there is some real competition.

At this point, I'm willing to pay more, sacrifice some quality of service, or even both - just to take my $200+ per month away from Verizon and give it to someone else.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for posting that. I think you summed up how most of feel.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

HAHA i stopped reading after this from you it never seems get to people that you stay for service not loyalty.

FobbingMobius wrote:

I've been with Verizon for many, many years ... I left Nextel when they refused to give me (a long-time customer with them at the time) the same deal they gave new subscribers.

0 Likes
Brent72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why wouldn't the GNex get updates even though it's EOL? Other phones that VZW no longer carries still get updates, don't they? If the GNex doesn't get any further updates because of the petty bickering between VZW and Google I'm going to leave when my contract is up and go to a carrier that supports their devices, simple as that.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware update comes with exciting new features such as, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app. The features also include improved Google Now,And now I can't enjoy all that new features. I have been with Verizon for 8 years and and my contract end Oct 2013

0 Likes