Duplicate text messages since 4.0.4 update
baldypal

The title says it all. I've been getting the same text message from contacts 3 or 4 times sporadically since the 4.0.4 OTA. anyone else? i had this issue on the droid X too. the G Nexus did NOT have this issue when i first got it. Like i said, only since the 4.0.4 OTA.

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate text messages since 4.0.4 update
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I had the same issue... I have both Handcent Sms and the stock Messaging program on my phone.  So, Im sure you will hear lots of different things to try, but the one fix that worked for me was clearing the cache for both the messenger programs. Go into Settings>Apps>and find your messaging app. Open it then hit the "clear cache" at the bottom. Then restart the phone.. I haven't had a duplicate since then...

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate text messages since 4.0.4 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baldypal-

I know duplicate messages can be very inconvenient! I would like to look into this further for you. I did some research and did not find any related reports. I, too, have the Nexus and have not seen duplicate messages since updating to 4.0.4. Have you been using the standard messaging application or a third party app? Does this happen to the same few contacts or with every contact you've messaged recently? I recommend going into Settings>Apps>All>Messaging, then clearing Cache and Data. This will not erase your current messages. After that, reboot your device and you should see the duplicate messages stop. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes