Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Have the same issue in Ohio in a supposed excellent coverage area.  I can see the Verizon tower from my house....1/4 mile away.  I have a friend who has the phone who lives 40 miles from me out in the country.  She has the exact same issues.  Well it's early April...........anyone have the update????

0 Likes
RobMorg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dan,

I just wanted to thank you for posting all those links a few messages back.  I want to read some of them when I get some time.  Also, they should be helpful as a source of information when speaking with VZW Customer service in an attempt to convince them to make things right for those of us who suffer this problem.

Rob

mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: new "refurb" replacement was sent to me last week.(4th replacement so far)

No Root

No Unlocked bootloader

*#*#786#*#* reports Refurbished status as NO just like my 3 previous refurbs (no faith that is true)

Completely setup with my Google account, 2 other email accounts and all of my usual software from my previous test.

1 hour and 10 min test call still going and no issues at all......Kind of hard to believe it's software at this point unless something is fiddling with it at some point but this test is exactly that same as my previous test above and 1 works and 1 doesn't.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like very good tests... amazing if this works, and bummer that there would be so many failing devices.

It still appears to be too great of a coincidence that users in the same areas have problem. Give it some more time, and please report back.

Also, are you in the same geographical location with this test as the others that failed? Thanks.

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same location as all other tests. Have a friend within 3 miles from my location that picked up his gnex on launch day with me and he reports no issues.

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just noticed I started the muting issue again today 2 times. It only seems to happen when others call me. The other person had Tmobile.

Not amused.

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizonwireless and they are sending a Razr Maxx out for tomorrow.

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone that has the muting issue have pandora installed? I ask because it's always been shitty.

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to tier 2 Support yesterday.

Saturday we spoke and there was no specific ticket nor product ticket in their system describing the problem.  The tech made what he said is the first one. He was able to specifically reference tons of data that has been showing up in Google.  I also made note of discussions on this forum as well as http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24019 during our conversation.

"galaxy nexus call problems" is now an instant search in Google - http://goo.gl/qEWNI 34,600,000 other results (0.82 seconds)

He also mentioned this should have been done whenever we've called with this issue since product tickets go into the system and are received and addressed by the manufacturer.

The tech saw the notes in Verizon's system Saturday mentioning a Mid March update. Yesterday while we were on the phone he checked that status again and was surprised to see it had been updated to May. Please call Verizon to confirm a software update for May.

The tech called Samsung regarding this issue. Samsung said they were not aware of any problem. Samsung said a consumer could call and open a case to replace a phone. They would need a transaction ID.

Here is the one we were given - <Personal information deleted per the Terms of Service>  Call Samsung - 888-987-4357

It's odd Samsung isn't aware of an issue reported by pcmag in this article back in December.

Verizon Wireless Confirms Galaxy Nexus Signal Problems December 19, 2011 03:12pm EST

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Great post Walidmrealtor, thanks for the information and reporting. I had a very similar experience in my support calls.

If you haven't already check out this thread on XDA forums... hundreds of similar people with the same problem, many are developers trying to solve the problem themselves before Samsung issues an update. Repost your info to them if you have a chance:

<Link removed per the TOS>

btw... Mid May?! That's horrible news. I was one of the ones that was told mid march, late march, early april... I hadn't heard the may one yet, thanks for the update.

Sprint is slated to release their Galaxy Nexus this week with 4.0.4... which I'm hoping will speed up the release from VZW; although from what we've all heard, it's 4.0.5 that we need for the fix.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes