Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

It looks like we may never get a resolution to our problem. Especially if Verizon, Samsung and Google aren't even recognizing the problem.

I'm thinking about letting vzw swap me to the Razr Maxx or Rezound... but I've spent nearly $100 in accessories I don't wanna be stuck with. I really love ICS, and don't wanna have to wait for the OTA updates, but It may be the only option to have a high level 4G smartphone that actually works.

Anyone out there had a good experience with swapping with Verizon's help?    

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are having signal strength issues I would definitely urge you to get a refurbished replacement phone they should afford you that option as I've done it four times. If you are having a muting issue it did not help me to have my phone replaced I would urge you to get the droid razor max tell them everyone else as being traded out for this phone I have the razor max now and I'm totally happy and I am a very picky.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm not having signal strength issues... it's only the mic cutting out problem... and sometimes the digital tones sound... so from what I've heard, getting a like new refurb will not fix it. I'm not sure I want a refurb anyway though... knowing that my Galaxy Nexus is in excellent shape... just has this flaw. I'm willing to try though.

Yeah, replacement would definitely be between the Razr Maxx and Rezound... I'm not a fan of Moto... and coming up from the HTC Incredible (which was the best phone I've ever had, and truly amazing by the way), I'm likely to go back to HTC. I know the Moto has better battery life, is thinner and lighter, but the Rezound has a better camera and a better display. I don't mind a thick phone. To each their own.

Did Verizon offer the trade, or you have to fight to get it?

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

I simply told them all the crap I've been through, how long I've been a customer that has always paid their bill, how much I pay per month for this crappy issue, the fact that a fix has been offered many times but still nothing to resolve this muting issue and hear it is April, I purchased 3 batteries for my Gnex as I knew I would need longer battery life and the razr maxx is the only phone I would consider since I had the DroidX in the past and loved it not to mention the razr maxx has a huge battery that would keep me from carrying around extras. At first they didn't budge just simply tell them you are not happy and will go to the store to raise hell unless they put a manager on. The key is getting to techsupport as they are the only ones that can offer up a warranty replacement. Now that they see there is still no fix I was told sure we will do this for you as a one time courtesy since you've had so many issues and have always been a loyal customer. Demand it! If they say no show them this post and ask why others are being afforded it. If still no call back and let them know you just got off the phone and feel as though you were blown off and demand a manager. My cousin just did this same thing and his razr maxx is on it's way to him tomorrow.

Razr Maxx screen by the way has better color quality than the nexus as I have them side by side now. If you get within 6 inches from the screen you can see a bit of pixelation but trust me when I tell you I am one of the most pickyist people you will ever meet and I am fine with it. The build quality is awesome and much better than the nexus as well. Besides all of that ICS is coming to it soon and I've been playing with this phone all day long and watched 40mins of Hunt For Red October on Netflix and still have 40% battery life. Not to mention 4G just showed up in our area and I've been speed testing as well.

To each is own though you just need to be happy with what device you choose and HTC was not for me but I do hope it works out for you!

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the spelling I didn't correct the auto correct and really didn't have time to proof read but you get the point. Sorry just anal about that kind of thing!

0 Likes
mwoods269
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't agree more. Until I got this Nexus, if anyone asked me about Verizon I had nothing but positive things to say. Now I have been outright lied/deceived/misled by numerous Verizon reps, who were probably just doing their jobs and telling the customers what they were supposed to. That is a sign of a big, big problem. Just think of all the people who have had similar experiences. Whenever they are asked about their phones (which come up quite often in conversation given how frequently we all pull them out), they will likely tell how they have no trust in Verizon's word. Everyone who hears this, will take it in, and the next time they are in a conversation about phone carriers, may add it to the conversation. It's just the basic fundamentals of customer service, and it might not affect Verizon's bottom line this year or next year, but all of those episodes will spread, and in the end a company's reputation, once damaged, is hard to repair.

verizonmoderator1

>Good evening,

Back on post 268, everyone was warned that this thread may be locked. After seeing a post that was sent for moderation attacking another member, this thread is now locked.

Verizon Moderator<

0 Likes