Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it really to much for us to ask for some validation from VZ or Samsung or Google. We know VZ monitors this forum and Google monitors theirs, but yet their silence is getting louder. How hard is it for a VZ rep to come on here and let us know that they're working on it and give us a realistic time line for a fix. Or are they not working on it and don't know what the problem is and they're just trying to keep us on the hook until it is really to late for us to do anything else.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry it is obvious GOOGLE is working on updates. Verizon, and Samsung do nothing for the device for the software development of the device. They will not know until Google tells them anything.

Google is obviously working on fixes. If may not come as fast as you like it, but software development is ever timely. 4.0.4 leak is out, and good reviews from people who used it(including myself). Word is there is a higher number so that means it is still being worked on.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I didn't realize that I needed special permission to keep up with this thread.  If you are so annoyed by me then stop posting insulting things that clearly are going to receive a response from me.  I have repeated those statements in regards to questions that were being asked at different times by different people who clearly had not read all of the posts in the discussion.  If you don't like what I write then you should be the one to go away.  I have kept up with the thread out of general curiosity to see if this problem ever gets fixed. Again, didn't realize that I needed permission to keep up with a public forum.  Don't take it out on me that you are stuck with a horrible phone.

0 Likes
hockey930

Ahh, so you do undestand what it's like to read annoying comments that are clearly going to recieve a response from us.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course they are working on updates but how is it so obvious that Google is adressing this problem. There has been no acknowledgement that this problem even exists. I've tried 4.0.4 and although nice in areas did nothing for this. Not quit sure why you continually scorn those of us just trying to get some resolution. If you're that knowledgeable how about some really helpful tips to fix this so we can put this thread to an end and move on.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Does there have to be? No, it WILL be fixed. 4.0.4 fixes MOST of the problems people are crying about. Honeslty it has been said by Google they are aware of the problems. You are not looking in the right place. Most people who are not devs who buy a Nexus don't go where they should to get the info they are seeking. Head over to Google help pages. Much like the iphone and their KB.

0 Likes
spencers88

This is horrible. My phone is plagued with this issue. This morning it happened to me 3 times, back to back to back calls. Can someone from Verizon respond to this? I mean come on. I'm about ready to ditch this phone because it. I've called Verizon multiple times only to be told there's a possible software fix coming. First I heard February now I've heard sometime in March. When does it end?

0 Likes
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see the dropped call issue yet.

But what I have seen is that when I'm in a known marginal reception area that other people with Verizon phones are having no problem connecting when my Nexus does not even show any signal whatsoever.  No 4G, no 3G, nothing.

My old Kyocera had better reception than this phone.

RobMorg
Enthusiast - Level 3

>> Does there have to be? No, it WILL be fixed. 4.0.4 fixes MOST of the problems people are crying about. Honestly it has been said by Google they are aware of the problems. You are not looking in the right place <<

I have searched on the Google forums and other places and I have not seen even one indication that Google is going to fix this "one way voice" issue.  Yes, they are aware of the problem, but I've not seen anything to indicate that they are working on a fix for it.  Until just a few days ago, Verizon tech reps were telling customers that Samsung was coming out with a fix.  Now that it's obvious that Samsung has washed their hands of this problem, Verizon is blaming it on Google (because this is a "Nexus" phone), and telling customers that Google will be coming out with the "fix".   But in truth, I don't have much faith that even Verizon expects that the problems will ever be resolved with this particular phone.  I believe that Verizon is just "buying time" and trying their best to placate customers until most users have had the phone a year.  Some of the most loyal Verizon customers who squawk the loudest will get Razr's or something similar if they complain enough.  Most will just continue to suffer with a phone that does not work for 25-30% of it's owners, and they will eventually buy a new one. 

Yes, the 4.0.4 stuff is nice and fixes "some" problems, but not this one.  Nor does the 4.0.4 radio software (FA02) updates that have been leaked.  To the contrary, Google has stated that they are dropping Nexus support for future CDMA phones because of "compatibility problems" [presumably like this one].  Tidbits, I invite you to "put your money where your mouth is.  Can you post a single link to a Google source that says they are working on a solution to this "one way voice" issue.  I doubt it, but I'll eat my words if you can. 

There are smart folks at Google for sure.  But Google is just a business - not a god, like so many imagine they are.  I wish I could muster your blind faith in Google, but I cannot.   Based on how we've seen this problem handled thus far, I fear what's going to happen here is that the CDMA Galaxy Nexus will simply die a slow death with Verizon never owning up to their responsibility to their customers.  In another year, those Verizon customers who have been unfortunate enough to have suffered with this problem will have moved on to another phone, ... or another carrier.

My first cell phone with Verizon was a bag phone.  In almost 20 years I have never before questioned Verizon's loyalty to their customers, and I have had Verizon contracts on more than 30 wireless devices.  (My account has varied from 5 to 9 devices at a time.)  I believe that era is coming to an end for me because of Verizon's lack of support with respect to this issue. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Again this is Google who controls the device. Verizon or Samsung has no control on the software for the Nexus line of devices. This has been expressed long before the phone was ever released. To ask Verizon or Samsung for fixes is like asking your plumber to fix your lighting problem in your house.

0 Likes