Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
rcschnoor
Legend

Then you should treat the contract as a financing agreement, don't take it, just pay full retail for the phone and not bother with a contract. Then you will just be paying for service and can leave at any time. Problem is, though, you cannot just put in a sim and be on the carrier of your choice since the Galaxy Nexus does not use the GSM radio for making calls and is therefore not compatible with most other carriers.

0 Likes
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's easily fixed by adding another radio.

It's all techically doable.

And we'd end up with a better system.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then people would be crying about the prices of phones. Smart phones unsubsidized is aroung $600+ currently, and some hit the 1,000+ range. The less they think they can sell the more it will cost. Before anyone links price for parts I will have to say this. Show me the price for parts, the cost for research and development for the phone, the tariffs, taxes, and licensing. Can't forget storage, marketing, electricity, shipping, and labor for these phones as well.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lets say you you go buy a new Microwave. You get it home, use it for a couple of weeks and it works great. Then it happens, you're making your popcorn and it stops half way through it's cycle, thus ruining your popcorn. It doesn't do it all the time but enough that you go back to the store and you ask for a replacement. Every store that I know of will be glad to exchange it for you. You get the replacement and it happens all over again. You go back to store again. This time I don't think you're going to take a replacement. Either you want your money back or you want a new different model. You definantely wont accept them telling you have to deal with mfgr. It's all about customer service and making them whole as previous stated. Quit hiding behind contracts. The contract is for service only any way. You can through your GNex away and activate a different device without any penalty.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

After 30 days it's the manufacturers problem...  It has ALWAYS been that way.  Stores could be nice and exchange it with a refurbished one that they got from the manufacturer. 

I am NOT hiding behind the contract.  You are making things seem like it hasn't been this way before and it has always been done differently.  Seriously...  You are talking "customer service" as if YOU are entitled to everything and anything you want.

0 Likes
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

You end up paying for the phone one way or the other.

I like Europe's system much better.

You buy your phone (and you get to know exactly what that phone really costs you).

You finance the phone if need be.

And then you pick out a carrier completely separate from your phone purchase.

Way better.

With bundling it's not only hard to figure out what the phone costs but it is also a monopolistic practice that locks you into the carrier (unless you want to go through the early termination nightmare).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can already buy devices outright people choose to sign the contract to get the device cheaper, and feel they are entitled to everything.

You have to convince the FCC that the way they regulate frequencies and technologies is not the way to go.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. Only want what i paid for. And if you can't give that to me give me my money back or a new model that works.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mikem84 wrote:

Nope. Only want what i paid for. And if you can't give that to me give me my money back or a new model that works.

Then take it back to Google.  Verizon already paid Google what you didn't pay for the phone...  As I said before it's like a car loan.

0 Likes
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, you can buy devices outright and then get to pay the same amount on a plan as someone buying a phone.

What kind of deal is that?

0 Likes