Re: Dropped calls on Galaxy Nexus
Tidbits
Legend

A small percentage of users. Most people have more problems with the overall battery life than they do with reception.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

a poll taken on another forum shows about 28%. No it's not a scientific poll, but i do believe it's pretty close. If it wasn't i don't think it would have gotten VZ or Samsung attention.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I find that hard to believe.  There isn't any factual numbers from all carriers to reflect how many were sold in any region.  Without that you can't come out with any type of percentage.

0 Likes
RobMorg
Enthusiast - Level 3

The poll was taken on the Droid forum, i believe,and had well over 1300 respondants when I last saw it.  Mike is correct in that 28% reported having the problem at that time. That is just a small sampling of all GN customers.  The problem had got to be huge.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

1300 of how many sold. Without an actual figure and everyone voting you won't know the exact %. In the end that 28% could turn into 3%.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You also have to realize people who have phones with problems are more likely to "search out" forums for solutions to their phone problems. The VAST majority of people who have cell phones without problems have never even been on a forum. Out of ALL of the people I know who have a cellphone, none have ever even been on a cellphone forum, then again most of them don't have any problems with their phones and have no need to search for "solutions" to their problems.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid-life.com is not a technical forum, it's an android community forum. People don't go there looking for solutions. They ran a poll of their readers because they had heard about the problem we were having. The final count was that about 28% of the respondants indicated they were having this problem. I'm sure there is a lot of people that haven't reported this. Tidbits is right that without actual sales numbers and complaints we really don't know. Since VZ is the only carrier of CDMA version those numbers shouldn't be to hard to come up with. GSM version isn't having this problem. How about it VZ, what are the sales numbers for the GNex and how many complaints are there for this problem?

0 Likes
RobMorg
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys arguing about the percentage are entirely missing the point.  WHO CARES if it's 28% or 10% of actual GN customers with this problem.  The fact remains that Verizon Wireless sold a phone with a two year contract to thousands of its customers that cannot be used reliably as a phone.  They need to stop blaming this first on Samsung and now on Goggle, and they need to stop talking about software "fixes" that will never resolve this, and they need to make those customers whole.  If they do not, then they doen't derserve any of our business.   THAT's the bottom line. 

I have been with VZW for 18 years, and through no fault of mine,I now have a phone that I cannot use, and they will do NOTHING about it except to replace it with another phone of the same kind that I still won't be able to use.  That's simply atrocious.  When I bought this phone, and agreed to keep it for two years, I had a reasonable expectation of being able use it as a telephone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It falls on Samsung/Google to deliver.  Just because you signed a two year agreement on the phone you chose... They subsidized the device for a two year so they can make the money back they gave you to get the device you chose.

This is WHY i hate the subsidization policies on all carriers.  People place misdirected complaints and things take LONGER to fix. 

0 Likes
greno
Enthusiast - Level 3

Absolutely.

I'd rather that we buy the phones outright and then be able to sign a separate agreement for service.

Just plug in a SIM card and your on the carrier of your choice.

And the phones could even be financed if you didn't want to pay the whole thing up front.

The entire bundling nonsense is such a scam.

0 Likes