Downloading VIDEOS from Fascinate to computer - using V-Cast (and QuickTime 7)
mlmlmlml

I downloaded VCast and QuickTime7.  I tried downloading video from my Fascinate to my PC computer.  It came in with the picture that shows on my video (on my phone) - with just sound - no video.  How do I get the video? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading VIDEOS from Fascinate to computer - using V-Cast (and QuickTime 7)
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I would like to thank the community for your helpful solutions.  I have provided instructions directly from your user manual below You can also find other helpful instructions for your phone by clicking on the link below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528&m=

Transferring files using the Mass Storage USB setting

1. From the Home screen, touch MenuSettingsUSB

SettingsUSB Mode, then select Mass Storage.

2. Attach your phone to the computer with a USB cable. Your

phone recognizes the connection and displays USB

connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.

3. Display the Notifications Panel, then touch USB connected.

At the prompt, touch Mount to enable copying of files

between your computer and the memory card.

4. At the prompt on the computer, select a transfer method:

Open device to view files using Windows Explorer. Drag and drop

files from the PC to the memory card installed in your phone.

Manage the device using Rhapsody. For more information, see “V

CAST Music with Rhapsody” on page 76.

5. Transfer music files to the memory card. When finished,

you can disconnect the USB cable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Downloading VIDEOS from Fascinate to computer - using V-Cast (and QuickTime 7)
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
m, I just copy and paste from the phone to the cp. I don't use vcast or verizon media manager. QT "should" just play the movie with no problems.
0 Likes
mlmlmlml

Hi:  Thanks for your reply.  How do I copy and paste videos from my Fascinate?

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the phone acs like a thumb drive when you plug it in and click copy files from the drop down menu on your fascinate, from there, if you can't figure it out, you're on your own.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

From there you can treat the SD card in your fascinate just like any other drive on your computer. You can copy and paste or drag and drop to or from each device.

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
M, Did you get it figured out?
I assumed you knew how to use the usb cable that came with the phone... connect your phone to your cp with the cable, slide down the notification bar at the top of your phone screen, select copy files, mount, and then your cp will treat your phone just like another drive. Go to my computer on your cp and you will see it there. From there, locate your file on your phone and either copy and paste or drag and drop the file to your cp. Hope that helps!
0 Likes
mlmlmlml
I plugged in the cord between the Fascinate and PC; I "mounted" it - and when I saw my video file on my "H" drive, I tried playing it but it only plays sound. If I go to my "Gallery" on my Fascinate to "play" my video, there is nothing there because it says "No Items" "No SD card detected." This is very frustrating. I thought that by downloading VCast and QuickTime, I would then have the capability of playing the video along with the audio. HELP!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can't access the sd card through the phone while the sd card is connected/mounted to the computer as a disk drive.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1
m.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.vzw.com%2Ft5%2FSamsung-Fascinate%2FDemand-Froyo-on-Facebook%2Ftd-p%2F474396&_rdr
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
M, Did you try and copy/paste the file from your "H" drive to your cp and then double click on it?
If your phone is not mounted, will the video play on your phone?
0 Likes