Does not show up in My Computer when I attach with usb
gopattio

When I attach my Fascinate to my Computer and go through the steps described for the usb connect and choose Mount my Fascinate does not show up in My Computer as an external drive.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Does not show up in My Computer when I attach with usb
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Before answering your question, I have few on my own.

Were you able to connect your Fascinate at least once to your computer or is that a first time?

What OS does your computer have? If it has one of the old Windows or Mac you may have to install the driver for Fascinate before trying to connect it next time.

When you connect Fascinate to computer, do you see a message "New Hardware found. Samsung Fascinate external drive", "Installing new hardware", and "New hardware installed successfully"?

0 Likes
dwp

mine read the phone but could not locate the driver. help too please

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

You may download Fascinate driver on the following website

http://www.all-samsungphones.com/samsung-fascinate-usb-driver-download.html/

and look for the following link on it Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver_V1.3.550.0_SCH-i500_Fascinate.msi

Hopefully that helps. If not, please post back on this board what kind of error message you will get.

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

In my case the drivers load OK, but I get "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (H: )" when I try to read the contents of the phone.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

This error may mean two separate problems that I could think of from the top of my head.

1. SD card needs to be re-mounted on your phone. To do so, follow instruction below

a. Go to Menu - Settings - SD card & Phone storage select Unmount SD card

b. Eject SD card, turn off the phone and remove battery.

c. Reinstall SD card

d. Reinstall battery.

e. Turn on the phone 

f. Try to connect and see if error will reappear.

2. Letter "H" is already being occupied by your computer for some other external drive. It might had occurred if you previously was connecting some USB external drive, or USB external card reader and your computer assigned letter "H" to it in the past and now it got confused with your phone. In order to resolve it try this.

a. Log in as Administrator account in Windows or any other account with administrative privileges

b. Connect your Fascinate to USB port.

c. Click Start, now right click on my computer and select manage

d. Click Disk Management

e. Right click on your Fascinate drive partition and select Change Drive Letter and Paths under Disk Management (you can find your Fascinate by a size of the drive which should be ~16 GB).

f. Change the drive letter some other drive letter which is not already reserved by some other drive on Windows.

g. See if you can mount your Fascinate in order to access it.

0 Likes