Distorted audio when using BlueTooth with Samsung i500 Vehicle Mount
altum

The audio is severly distorded using a bluetooth headset while the phone is plugged into power using the Samsung i500 Vehicle Mounts built-in power port.  The only workaround I have found is to flip the phone around and plug power directly into the phone instead of the Samsung i500 Vehicle Mounts built-i power connection.  This issue has been reproduced using different i500 Vehicle Mounts, different USB power cords, and within differnt cars.  There doesn't seem to be anyway to get the distortion to go away except to not use the built-in power port on the mount.  Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Distorted audio when using BlueTooth with Samsung i500 Vehicle Mount
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

This may be a related issue: when I plug an audio cable into the docking station, I get no pass through audio. I can plug a cable into the headphone jack and into the aux input on my car stereo, that works fine. When I put the phone on the dock, no audio passes through.

0 Likes
Re: Distorted audio when using BlueTooth with Samsung i500 Vehicle Mount
altum

Yeah, the built-in audio connector on the Vehicle Mount also doesn't work.  When I bought my mount there was a little sticker over that connector that said it wouldn't work until Verizon updates the fascinate to version 2.2.  However, nothing I saw indicated that using the built-in power connector would cause bluetooth audio distortion.  So at this time I just put my phone into the mount backwards and plug the usb power chord directily into the phone instead so that the bluetooth audio quality is ok.  When I want to get sound on my radio I just plug an audio cable from the sterio into the phone's headphone jack.  Oh and I might as well add that if I get a call while I have the audio cable plugged into the headphone jack there is no way for anyone to hear me when I answer the call.  So I have to unplug the audio cable before answering the call.  Unfortunately, I've found that when an audio cable is plugged into the headphone jack, the phone disables speakerphone and bluetooth.  :smileysad:  Let's hope they get these issues fixed when they roll out the 2.2 software update.

0 Likes