Data/Phone Connectivity and Mobile Hotpsot Issues
zlee67

Lately, have been having data and phone connectivity issues in which the phone indicates 4g with signal but there is no data service and mobile service.  I have to turn on and off airplane mode and sometimes, I have to reboot my phone.  The past week, this has been a daily occurrence.  Is there 4g data and mobile issues in NYC?

Also, I have mobile hotspot subscription and noticed that when I am tethering 4g to other devices and I get a phone call, the tethering stops.  I thought you can talk and use 4g data at the same time?  I need to have this option otherwise I need to look for other hotspot solutions.  Is this an issue with the phone or a limit on how mobile hotpot works?

0 Likes
Re: Data/Phone Connectivity and Mobile Hotpsot Issues
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello zlee67,

In today's society, data access is more important now than it has ever been to our customers. As more of our daily lives are streamlined using data access, I can certainly understand the sense of urgency on the issue that you are experiencing. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, what city and state are you in? I can check to see if there are any network related concerns in your area that may be effecting your data connectivity.

One of the many benefits of 4G LTE technology is that you are able to talk and surf the web at the same time. To enjoy this service, you would have to be in a 4G LTE area and receiving the 4G signal on your device. I can also confirm this once you reply with your answers to the questions above. Some steps that I would like for you to try in the interim are listed below:

• Do a battery and a SIM card pull while the device is on, wait 30 sec, & re-apply then reboot.
  • Verify that bluetooth and wifi is turned off in the Settings menu.
  • Confirm that performance mode is selected under Battery Mode.
  • Data Saver should be unchecked in Settings.
  • Data roaming, Data enabled, & background data should be checked under Data Delivery.

Once you have tried the steps above, please retry your data connectivity. If you are still having issues then please reply to this message with your findings if more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
zlee67

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I tried all those things when I started to have the data connectivity issues.  I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and have the trouble in NYC. I've noticed that I have the data connectivity issues more when I am using my mobile hotspot to tether.  If I tether too long, my data just cuts out and have to toubleshoot. steps I mentioned along with yours, to get data again.  It is quite annoying. 

Is there a throttle on mobile hotspot?  I have the unlimited data with unlimited mobile hotspot so I would assume I can use it freely. 

Also, can you use mobile phone while using mobile hotspot tethering on 4g?  My mobile hotspot keeps disconnecting when I get a phone call.

0 Likes
zlee67

Since there seems to be absolutely no support as usual besides the copy and paste responses, I did some research and seems like Verizon's so called 4g lte network is buggy as hell. Why sell stuff when they are not ready? I still have the same problems so I have to pull the battery and sim card every night. This is ridiculous! How is it possible that I get 4g and then it just disconnects while showing me 4g on the phone? Why am I paying so much for a 4g phone, 4g data service and 4g hotspots when it barely works?

Is this ever going to be resolved? From what I have read, this problem seems plague all 4g phones. All Verizon does is blame the phone and sends you a so called reconditioned phone which is crap. It is mind blowing to think that you have to take refurbished replacement when the phone is only one Month old.

I just did a battery and sim card pull, and now I can only connect to 3g. Ironically, 4g is supposed to penetrate buildings better but my 3g is more reliable than 4g. I have to always keep my phone near a window to get 4g when I can get 3g anywhere in my apt.

0 Likes