Contact list search
KLB123

From the contact list, when searching, it apparently only searches first / last  name. Is there a way to search all fields in the contact list?

When I need to call a business that I don't call frequently, on previous phones I was used to typing the company name or town and picking the correct contact from the matches.  I would then see the name of the person I needed to ask for.  Unlike friends or frequent business calls, I don't always remember the individual's name. 

So I now have a contact list filled with names I don't recognize and no way to search for the company name I need.  How can I fix or work around this? 

0 Likes
Re: Contact list search
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The only way you can actively search all the contacts the way you are wanting to do would be to create Groups. You can create Groups for each contact package such as the work group and a family group. The steps for setting up a Group are listed below:

• Press HOME , and then tap ^ > People.
  • On the Groups tab, at the top of the screen, tap Add group.
  • Enter a name for the group, and then tap Add contact to group.
  • Select the contacts you want to add to the group, and then tap Save.
  • If your contacts list is long, you can use the search bar to search for contacts quickly, or tap to
    hide the onscreen keyboard and scroll through the list.
  • Tap to add a group from photo.
  • Tap Save.
0 Likes
Re: Contact list search
KLB123

Thank you for your answer.  However, when I got my phone, at the Verizon store they used my Gmail account to transfer my contacts from my BlackBerry.  I tried using Groups, but none of my contacts appear in the list to be added; they're all associated with the Google-synced Gmail.  On my BlackBerry & previous Palm, it usually took 3-6 letters of a company name or city to be able to select the correct contact. 

Groups might be a good filter, but I (and I'm sure others)  would need for the contact search function to bring up matches from any field of  contact information (name, company, address, city etc) to be usable.

0 Likes