Contact List
Satch

After backing-up my contacts, is it possible to view them on my computer? (Not phone)  If so ... How?

0 Likes
Re: Contact List
bigbruno

If you use the Verizon backup assistant, you can download you backup at www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant, and then you can pull them all up, and also add, delete, or edit them, all right there. I was testing it on mine right now, but it seems to be taking a while to load right now.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Yes you can view your contacts online. Access the website at www.verizonwireless.com login with your user id or mobile number and password. Once logged in at the top of the page will is a red banner place cursor on My Service when the drop menu appear select back up assistance. If the application is on your device it will reflect with the contacts that you have saved on your device. If it shows the steps of the process then you will have to follow the steps on your device so that you are able to manage contact online. 

0 Likes
smrsno

Dang, went to back up my contacts and it backed up my husbands instead of mine....there was no choice as to which phone we wanted to back up and we have two phones.  And, you can only backup ONE phone. Evidently it only backs up the main name/phone that is listed on the account.  I'm the one that needs mine backed up.  I have over 100 phone numbers and he has maybe 10 numbers.  LOL 

0 Likes
bigbruno

Try this. On the home screen do menu>settings>accounts and sync>backup assistant. It's in the middle of the screen when you get there. From there, you can turn the sync on or off, and how often it will sync, and it should do it for your phone directly. Then, you should be able to access your phone directly from your account on My Verizon.

0 Likes
smrsno

bigbruno, I had high hopes this would work but it didn't.  I followed your instructions but it synced my husbands phone numbers again....not mine.  I would go to My Verizon & click on my phone number.  Then at the bottom it says to learn more about backup assistance....that takes me directly to the back up of my husbands phone.  My husband is the account owner....maybe the only way I can make this happen is to change the account owner to my name?

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

You will need to create a limited access online account in order for the numbers to sync to your phone.

This is referred to as an account member's account. The Account Member is a user on the Account Owner's account. This role has access to certain individual cell phone information and functions, but does not have access to sensitive billing information. All cell phone numbers on the account are eligible to register as an Account Member. 

Once you sign into the account you can follow the steps provided to you by bigbruno.

Click here to register https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/controller?action=displayRegistration&got...

Here is a link for more information on the account member's account https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/roleinfo.jsp

0 Likes
smrsno

I have set up a personal account member's account. I then went to menu/settings/accounts & sync/backup assistant/backup now....and it continues to backup my husbands phone numbers from his phone.

I log into my member's account and on the backup assistant page it indeed has my cell phone number.  When I click 'sync', it shows it is syncing with the red bar but it never finishes....it continues syncing and nothing happens.  I have to refresh the page to stop it. I probably have 200 numbers stored in my contact list on my phone.

What do you suggest?  Thanks!!

0 Likes
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have five lines on my account. When I log in to my vzw under my number (the primary number) I can only see my phone numbers in backup assistant.

When my daughter logs into her limited my vzw account, she can only see her numbers on the backup assistant page.

It's the same for the other three lines. All five lines have backup assistant and function independently

0 Likes
smrsno

This is interesting.  I know that backup assistant is seeing "my" phone although it won't back up my contacts that are on my phone now.  The interesting thing is, yesterday I 'added' a new phone number and this morning when I went online to my backup assistant.....there it was!!!!!!  I clicked 'sync' and the red sync bar never did quit....I had to refresh the page to stop it.  But, it didn't sync any of my other contacts.

0 Likes