Re: Considering Verizon and the Samsung Fascinate? Don't do it...
Anonymous
Not applicable

mdram4x4 wrote:

im on 2.1 with the dl09 upddate, i have great battery life, good gps, and my sd card mounts fine

i dont see any issues with it

would i like froyo? sure.  an i going to keep complaining about it? nope, when it comes it comes.  heck its out there if you know where to look, just dont want to go that route.

the fasc is a great phone, i really dont see all the problems people are having with it

I didn't say everyone was.  I said a lot.  You happen to be one of the ones that don't

My overall point is because of all this crap going on, a lot of people have had to tweak their phones in such ways that don't need to be done to just get a days use out of the device.  They also have to put up with bugs before and after the latest update.  That is why a lot of people are screaming for Froyo.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

much of the battery life can be fixed by getting rid of or changing updates on widgets

i had 1 morning when my battery was going down fast, i rebooted it was fine.  wether bug got stuck in a fetch mode and was running things down

look to see whats using your battery and fix that.  its simple and fast

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mdram4x4 wrote:

much of the battery life can be fixed by getting rid of or changing updates on widgets

i had 1 morning when my battery was going down fast, i rebooted it was fine.  wether bug got stuck in a fetch mode and was running things down

look to see whats using your battery and fix that.  its simple and fast

It depends if its the widgets that are causing the problem.  Anyway, what you talk about could also be filed under the "doing tweaks you shouldn't have to" category.  I mean, lol, seriously, why use it at all?  Why have the device come with these features if a person really can't use it without having to worry about the battery draining too fast?  Its ridiculous.  I just don't agree with having to turn off Live Wallpapers or really lock down the widgets (I do because I need the battery life and thus, my battery life is "OK" but,not all that).  I blame the manufacturers for such things. 

Also, I get really irritated when people (not necessarily you) come down on other users who choose to vent their anger and frustrations on here for such things and say they want updates that would rememdy some if not all of the problems.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i unserstand what your saying, but for some battery life will never be fixed

the more widgets you run, the more your screen is on (especially with live wallpaper), the more often you update widgets by fetching data, the quicker your batter will run down.

the weaker a signal you have when all of this is done, the quicker it run downs

a black wallpaper actually helps alot as from what i have heard the samoled screen does not use any power for black pixels

just an fyi

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

That's the price you pay for a data-centric smartphone.  You're not going to get the week+ of battery life on android like that old flip phone 10 years ago.  On moving to one of these phones, you should expect to charge it every night(ymmv). As for Live Wallpapers, they don't really use the battery that much and are just an unneeded gimmick imo anyways.  Widgets, for the most part, have customizable sync settings and you're not going to kill any functionality by adjusting the sync interval from 15min to every 2-4 hrs.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize its the way it is.  However, its just wrong for these devices to be designed this way.  Again, I ask, why make the devices this way to do this and do that and then have to be tethered to a charger?  Point is, yes, we'll deal with it, but, leave the users alone to choose to vent and complain. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

there is always the option of multiple and larger batteries

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mdram4x4 wrote:

True, but then again, its a case of spending additional money for something to make a device work normal (without all the tweaks made).  You shouldn't have to. I know, it isn't how it is but, its how it should be. Lol

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

SBacklin wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

True, but then again, its a case of spending additional money for something to make a device work normal (without all the tweaks made).  You shouldn't have to. I know, it isn't how it is but, its how it should be. Lol

true, things could always be better, but they could be worse too.  the unit could be sealed with no removable battery, no removable sd card, and only 1 option for an os..................

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

my point is, people act like verizon's doing nothing, and all phones are hopeless. when, in reality, only a very small number of phones have been faulty. not only that, but, the number of faulty phones has been further decreased by this update. yet people still feel like it's a federal case because 5 fascinates don't work quite right.

0 Likes