Connection to server timed out?? Help!
baseballangel61

I have a 4G plan with my Nexus and have had no problems until last night. Out of nowhere, my phone just stopped picking up different pages I go to all the time (and others as well) and I assumed that maybe it needed "cleaned" up, so I went and cleared the cache, cookies, history, etc. and shut it down and waited awhile, then started it back up, but that didn't help at all. I then thought it may have been a few apps that I put on, so I uninstalled those as well (I'm not one for putting a lot of those on anyway), and shut it down again, but again, nothing.

My email seems to work fine, though I noticed a little bit of a delay. Some websites work, while others either don't work at all or need to be loaded two or three times, and others would just sit there and do nothing and then come up with the saying, "Connection to the server timed out" and then that's it. The battery is full, the 4G status is showing, my data plan isn't even close to being filled, and I just paid my bill as well, as I thought maybe it had something to do with one of those things but it's not. So I figured I'd better come on here to try and get some help because this is very frustrating, as I use that phone all the time and now I really can't use it for anything except making phone calls and email, if I'm lucky. I really hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Connection to server timed out?? Help!
Adso

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything you describe is the same.  I don't know why this is happening.  Also have Galaxy Nexus, also have communication/signal bars.  It's so frustrating!!!!  Is this due to getting ignored by Verizon for new Jellybean updates? HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@baseballangel61

I appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the forum. I can understand the frustration that may build from an occurrence of this nature especially if the device is used frequently. The concern that I have is that various websites are opening while others aren't. Are the websites that aren't opening using adobe's flash player ?

I look forward to your response and coming to a solution with you.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Conniko

Mine is a Droid Dna.  Just about every time I look at my phone it says, "connection timed out."  This has been happening for a couple of weeks.  The phone is just sitting idle, or on the charger, not even trying to go to a website.  What's up with that? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Conniko

Let's restore the connection on your Droid DNA!

What is the current software version number of your DNA http://vz.to/1yGiIy7?  When this happens, are you connected to a WiFi network or your cellular (3G/4G) data network?  Do you get the error while the device is powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1yGj5IZ?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Conniko

Software version is 4.09.605.1. Not sure about whether it happens on 4G or wireless, as I move from one to the other often, in and out of my home network range. Will try to notice this more often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming your software Conniko! You are on the most current version. Please keep us posted regarding what network this happens on, as well as consider testing it in Safe Mode.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes