Connecting to PC to view pictures
GWnAtl

Previously, when I would connect my phone to my PC via the USB drive, I would get a notification dialogue box asking me to mount. Now, when I connect to the USB on my computer, the phone shows up as a CD drive named Verizon Mobile. When I click on the drive, all that's there are 4 files name Autorun, ModelName, Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver, ToolLauncher-Bootstrap. then I get a notification name Media sync connection failed.

Why is it doing this all of a sudden and why doesn't it show the folder with my pictures in it

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to PC to view pictures
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

GWnAtl wrote:

Previously, when I would connect my phone to my PC via the USB drive, I would get a notification dialogue box asking me to mount. Now, when I connect to the USB on my computer, the phone shows up as a CD drive named Verizon Mobile. When I click on the drive, all that's there are 4 files name Autorun, ModelName, Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver, ToolLauncher-Bootstrap. then I get a notification name Media sync connection failed.

Why is it doing this all of a sudden and why doesn't it show the folder with my pictures in it

the dl09 update affected the usb mount

you need to enable or diable usb debugging

settings>applications>development

first make sure its off

then go into

settings>mass storage and set it to mass storage

then go back and turn debugging on

this should allow it to mount.

worked for me

0 Likes
GWnAtl

That works, having to have debug on to use an application doesn't seem quite right to me. Maybe that's just a work around until a permanent fix is in place.

I see others are having this issue as well

Thanks

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i agree it doesnt seem right, but as you said it works.

maybe the upcoming dl30 will fix it

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I can leave USB debugging off and leave my USB connection setting to "Ask on connection" and still link my Fascinate to my PC.  What I need to usually do is tell my phone to connect as a mass media device (when it asks) and then when the USB icon appears on my notification bar, I touch and slide the bar down and tap the USB icon and press Mount to mount the drive.  It's additional steps since before the update, but that lets my PC recognize my phone as a drive and not a CD drive.

This is true regardless of whether I use Windows or Ubuntu.

0 Likes