Re: Congrats VZW!!! Sprint beat you to ANOTHER UPDATE!!!
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's just hope your right. I personally think nothing will be done. I don't think Google will take over either. I read an article a year ago that said Google was fed up with Verizon, and they put the Nexus completely in their hands. So it was a pure Nexus device for a couple months, until Google said they were not going to support the Verizon variant.... 

bassislife
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a good article in Washington Post about how Android devices aren't getting the security patches they need:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/android-phones-vulnerable-to-hackers/2013/02/01/f3...

"Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless carrier, and Samsung, the largest Android device maker, both declined to answer detailed questions and said they deliver updates as quickly as possible."

That's a laugh.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Yes... Updates that come as quickly as continental drift...

And in case anyone missed it... FOUR UPDATES BEHIND!!!!  WOOO HOOOO!!!!  <Comment deleted per the ToS.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

ashutos1997
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a Good News for all vzw gnex owners , a new update is on the way but don't know if it's 4.1.2 , 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 .

Full News on it :

<Full text of article removed for "Material, the posting of which violates any party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;" per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

It'd be nice if it turns out to be a 4.2.2 update, but it would be so typical of them if our beloved carrier stiffs us with a 4.1.2 one.

gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been reading from people with other phones on 4.2.2 that the battery life is much better.  This is of special concern to us with the Galaxy Nexus, for obvious reasons.  I like some of the new features in the interface, but I am really hoping for the better battery life.  I will give this a week or two, but then I will have to make a decision.  Verizon is truly the worst at updating their software...I just went through this whole ordeal with my Samsung Fascinate, and now this.  Sheesh.

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Oh and by the way... lest we who have been conned by this illustrious carrier, in terms of money, aggravation, lies, bait and switch tactics, and you name it....

We can probably be sure that this entire sad state of affairs will replay itself in some sick, and twisted fashion once Key Lime Pie is released. 

Personally, I would hope that those VZW personnel who read this forum (and I am NOT speaking about the M* people or their activities here... this has NOTHING to do with that, so please, no excuses) and have it in their ability to make recommendations to folks in the VZW organization about how to improve customer relations/satisfaction (50% C.S. is not good even if it's the best in the industry, my friends), and that of course is assuming anyone at VZW even cares.... could recommend that VZW put some of its vast resources to fixing this immense pile of idiocy that you call your "update policy and process".  If you, VZW,  really are the best, then, dad gummit, we should not get updates last.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

There is hope then....

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I guess it depends on where you live. My in-laws live in an area with good sprint coverage. Yes, Verizon does have the overall best coverage IMHO but that doesn't let them off the hook for the way they've been handling updates.