Re: Class action lawsuit regarding Android 2.2
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
If you are really that upset, FIX IT! It's almost impossible to brick a android, take 30 min and read up on how to (edit) your phone, download what you want (links will be on the page your reading) and POW, no more problem. You don't have to be a tech nut to do it. The compleat EB01 with all the VZW blot included and works flawlessly is readily available to those who really want it and are just that unhappy with 2.1. As was said before, either put up or fix it yourself. Either way, we don't need another thread with nothing but threats and complaints over not having froyo and I was lied to. When someone doesn't do what they tell me they are going to do, I take care of it on my own. I couldn't be happier with my Fascinate now!
0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

-------------------------------------

Boo...Hoo,

I am shaking in my knees already. The class action case is a different then a personal case...I have name of all Verizon sales reps, tech personal, Supervisors, and Best Buy Mobile salesmen that verbally promised that Froyo will be available "any day". The good thing is Verzion itself records all of its conversations "for quality and training purposes" and as I was trying to cancel my contact within first 30 days and being promised Froyo it should all be in file and by court order Verzion will have to release all of those conversation as well as all notes made on my account that I called to cancel but was deter from doing so by guarantee delivery of the next OS upgrade within next several days.

So stop scaring people, we are not sheeps and have legal rights to defend ourselves.

Legal rights to defend your selfves?  Your not being oprressed or attcked Leo nor am I trying to scare anyone so quit trying to twist as if I'm some fan boy.  As far as you know the names............who cares.....vzw wouldn't nor Samsung. They would just laugh at you when your not looking. (kind like I do when I read your post) They did a sales pitch and you fell for it. And you should have have canceled instead of believing them.  And a suit is a suit doesn't matter if its personal or class action., but hey overall if this is the course you want to take go for it.  I'd bet $$ VZW either wins or settles for a low amount per each person (just to shut you up) and you still won't get the update until they decide to release it.

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

papa_leo wrote:

Read my other comments.

1. Yes, I have proof...Verizon records conversations that I had with them over the phone as well as note that I was told being added to my file. Verizon will have to release those recordings as soon as case will go to court.

2. "Bait&Switch" tactic was applied to me in the following matter...I was dissatisfied with Eclair performance of Fascinate and decided to cancel the contract within the guaranteed 30 days period three times and every time I was told that Froyo is coming any day so I shouldn't cancel my contact. After the 30 days were over, Verzion told me that Froyo is not coming in a foreseen future and should I decide to cancel my contract ETF will apply. What kind of tactic is that if it is not Bait&Switch...? [Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

actually they say "this conversation MAY be recorded"  so it also may not be.  maybe they only keep strange calls and delete otheres daily, who knows

They get deleted  after a month depending on the call. They only get recorded when quality is reivewing the calls. Other then that its just a call. Nothing special. 

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

RoxPhonyx wrote:

So I posted this thread a couple of hours ago and then left it alone to see the general concesus. To my surprise, there is quite a high level of people against the idea. Some of you are a bit off base with your analogous comparisons, some are complacent, some of you are clearly Verizon employees who are quick to defend your company, and only a couple who were upset at the current situation.

In the end, everyone is entitled to their opinion and their own level of tolerance. Personally, I don't take being lied to very well. If you do....that's your perogative. Also, I don't like that I've paid the same amount of money as a Motorola or HTC customer but have less browser access. Again, if you're OK with paying the same amount for less access, that's your perogative.

I don't have any delusions of grandeur  by thinking that if I left Verizon that they would actually miss my business nor think that a lawsuit of this nature would bring Verizon to it's knees. That's not even my aim. My aim is simply to get fair treatment for those who were given a certain level of expectation by the sales force, but never receiving it. Had I been told that the update would be stalled for the Fascinate by 4 to 5 months, I most certainly would have went with one of the other two phones.

If the update for the fascinate was a month later than what Motorola and HTC got...fine. That's acceptable. 2 Months...you're pushing it. But 4-5 months? That's just rude and flat out bad business practice. I think a fair compensation would be that all Fascinate users receive a small credit as a form of recognition that we had to put up with a lack of support and limited browser access compared to Motorola and HTC users. I don't think I'm unreasonable in expecting not to by lied to.

I've been with Verizon for many years now. They used to have absolutlely horrible customer service, but have improved considerably in that area in the past couple of years. It would be nice to see them step up an be accountable for this, but I doubt they posess that level of prudence.

I actually use to work for VZW, but I'm far from a fan boy.  ( bad expereinces). While it is VZW's job to manage the network and such they have no control over when Samsung gives out their Froyo for their phones.  You won't get any accountablity. for this because there isn't any. Go ahead and sue if you guys want. All your going to do is jack our rates up and waste your own times because your still going to have to wait froyo

0 Likes
esmcochoa

I came into this forum to inquire about the froyo update for my samsung facinate.  And I find a bunch of wannabe lawyers who are just reacting in anger.  Not getting the update on your phone and being mad at someone else for it?

Do you ever think back at the decisions in your life and feel that you always stuggle in getting what is yours? Maybe you should take a different approach in your decision making.

This is the price we all pay for what most would call, "keeping up with the joneses".

Be patient.  if it was meant to happen, it will happen.  Besides we still get clear and uninterrupted phone and data service right?

If all else fails, then get yourself a different phone...

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

No.  I'm with mdram4x4.  It would be a frivolous lawsuit that nobody would gain anything; it would tie up government resources that could be used else where.  If you feel that strongly about it then sue them yourself...a class action lawsuit has no merit and is just plain dumb...

Me.  I like my Fascinate as it is.  No sales rep told me that Android 2.2 was coming around the corner.  Will I be happy when Froyo arrives for the Fascinate.  Yes!  I'm just not going to whine about it.

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

Here is my question...how many people on this thread are actual lawyers?

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh me me me me...no wait sorry thoughy you said salesman..... :*(

0 Likes
evil_network
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can understand the OP's frustration. I too was told a bunch of **bleep** by sales reps. However, I didn't threaten to sue, I wrote a letter to the VP of Customer Experience explaining what all I went through in the corporate store in my town. That letter was forwarded to the Regional Manager. That regional manager took the time to talk to me, as did the store manager. Verizon made it right with me in several ways, all is well and I am now a satisfied customer.

Instead of using a public forum to threaten legal stuff, why not try simply moving your complaint up the chain of command. If there is legitimacy to it, I am sure someone will see fit to try and make it right with you.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

This is my personal story.

I reserved complaining on the public forum and class action case only after I attempted to speak with several San Francisco area store managers and attempted to get a hold of the West cost regional manager of operations.

I got nothing but a "speak to a hand" sort of respond.

Being an unlimited plan user with 5 lines and $500 monthly bill, Verizon did NOTHING to offer even a penny back on my plan or replace Fascinate with Froyo device.

Verizon ignorance and corporate approach of "it's not our problem, it's yours" is what makes me upset.

I am a cash flowing cow for them, not a customer.

Two years ago, I though of switching to Sprint but found out hard way that their CS was subpar. Now, I am seeing the same thing happens in VZW. I wonder why I should be surprised. In corporate world, $$$ is the king, not customer. Maybe VZW needs a kind reminder that customers are the one who bring home the bacon.

I already filled a complain with FCC last week and waiting to hear from the law firm that I reserved to file a class action case.

0 Likes