Chrysler Uconnect problems with Fascinate or Android
watersh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with NAV and Bluetooth Uconnect system. My Fascinate will connect and work fine as a hands free phone. My problem is I cannot get my phone book to download to the vehicle. I have to use the Fascinate to start the calls. I've never had this problem with my LG Dare or my Iphone4. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have been to the Verizon store and they were no help at all. The told me to go to the car dealer for service. This is obviously a Fascinate or Android issue. I've tried this with Android 2.1 and with EB01 Android 2.2 I am presently running on the phone. No luck with either. Any help would be appreciated. GOD bless

0 Likes
Re: Chrysler Uconnect problems with Fascinate or Android
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

watersh wrote:

I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with NAV and Bluetooth Uconnect system. My Fascinate will connect and work fine as a hands free phone. My problem is I cannot get my phone book to download to the vehicle. I have to use the Fascinate to start the calls. I've never had this problem with my LG Dare or my Iphone4. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have been to the Verizon store and they were no help at all. The told me to go to the car dealer for service. This is obviously a Fascinate or Android issue. I've tried this with Android 2.1 and with EB01 Android 2.2 I am presently running on the phone. No luck with either. Any help would be appreciated. GOD bless

I can tell you I had a similar problem with my Toyota, did not recognize that particular phone. I contact Jeep and see if they support that phone, I am sure that is where the problem lies..
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the information watersh. Although the Bluetooth is compatible with your 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 not all of the functions will work. Since you are connecting and able to make and receive calls, it is considered compatible. Please check with your automobile manufacturer for assistance with other Bluetooth functions. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
watersh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response. I will check with JEEP. I hope they don't tell me that, since it partially works, it is not their problem as well.

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Those of us who have had multiple phones and multiple cars with Bluetooth systems have learned that pairing phone to car is a pretty hit-or-miss thing with respect to things like phonebook transfer, voice commands, etc.  I wish you good luck with Jeep, but I don't know that I'd expect very much.

0 Likes