Certified Like New Hell
nycfin3st
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Wireless,

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon Wireless since 2002.  Recently I’ve been having a lot of problems with the Certified like New Replacements I’ve been receiving form Verizon.  At this point I believe I’m on replacement 4 or 5.  All for different issues ranging from signal problems, dead pixels, headphone jack not working and a non responsive power button.  This constant back and forth of sending and receiving phones has been very tiring.  I’ve spoken to various reps about the problem and have been offered an alternative device.  A few reps have tried to get me a Samsung Galaxy S3 or Droid DNA but the system is only offering the Droid Razr or Droid Razr Maxx.  I kept declining those two razr devices because I fell they are not comparable to my current Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The Galaxy Nexus contains a Super AMOLED HD display that is 720 x 1280 pixels and 4.65 inches (~316 ppi pixel density).  The Droid Razr and Razr Maxx does NOT contain a HD display at 540 x 960 pixels and 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density).  This is an extreme downgrade because the screen on my phone is very important, the qHD advertised on Motorola devices isn’t true HD.  In addition the Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 32GB internal storage while the Droid Razr and Razr Maxx only has 16GB.  Another major feature that is missing on the Droid Razr and Razr Maxx is NFC.  Again NFC is a very important feature to me.  The reps keep telling me about how it’s all about release date when getting a comparable device which isn’t fair.

The most comparable phone is the Samsung Galaxy S3 that is the next Verizon Samsung phone released after my device.  I’ve even been told to contact Samsung for warranty help and Samsung referred me back to Verizon Wireless.  I know I would have to buy a battery and back cover and have no problem with that.  I’ve also been told about the Droid DNA which has an internal battery so I wouldn’t have to buy a back cover or battery.  I would be willing to except both as comparable exchanges for all the inconveniences I’ve had to go through.  Once again I’ve been a loyal customer and this constant exchanging of phones is very disappointing.  I feel the customer service I’ve received hasn’t been adequate. Depending on how this situation resolves itself will determine where I will take my business.  Can you please have a manager or supervisor call me.

Sincerely,

A Loyal Customer

*Can a customer service agent please contact me thru email, direct message or by calling my mobile number.  Simply dialing *611 hasn't been resolving the problem so I'm reaching out on this public forum.

0 Likes
Re: Certified Like New Hell
nycfin3st
Enthusiast - Level 2

My most recent device received has a purple tint/hue on the screen.  Is the forums customer service agents just ignoring me or somethingSmiley Sad?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum.  The Verizon reps that roam the community don't respond to every post and the ones they do respond to, it's often days or sometimes weeks after a post is left.

0 Likes
nycfin3st
Enthusiast - Level 2

Their are post on the Galaxy Nexus forum portion that were made after mine and Verizon reps have responded.  It seems they pick and choose which to respond too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reps tend to reply to unanswered questions. Your discussion isn't marked as a question. So it's unlikely they would respond here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

I just had to do my first "like new" replacement for my Galaxy Nexus, and realized it had a good run compared to other phones on Verizon. (about 1.5 years...the others had to be replaced 2 or 3 times in that time frame.) But, when I got it home and was setting it up, saw what looked like screen burn and thought it was just my eyes...Well, after a couple days, began to realize that it wasn't. Two areas that are pure black vs. the darkish gray... One kind of looks like a banner ad. I didn't know that new phones came with this...I mean, if my phone is like new with screen burn, then the new ones should have it too, right?

Beings that Verizon has pretty much phased out the Galaxy Nexus because of the relationship going sour with Google, we will be lucky to see any like new replacement that is worth a poop. Business relationships decline all the time, and unfortunately, we are the ones that get the short end of the stick.

Have lost all faith in Verizon....

0 Likes