Cannot Access Android Market
denngir

Since updating to 4.1 I am no longer able to access the android market.  Does anyone one have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Android Market
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I didn't have trouble w/ that but did my camera....kept saying it wasn't available, the app was located in one of the docks of Launcher Pro.  I just long pressed and chose applications, camera, default icon then it worked.....check and see if you can get google play from the icon in your app drawer/ or applications setting, it should definitely work from there.....if so, replace the application on the screen/dock and that should be a fix.  If not.....wait for a developer.

0 Likes
denngir

Gonna have to wait cause even after restarting 4 times the issue still persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Denngir!

The Google Play Store is a huge part of your phone and it's super important to be able to access it.  I'm so sorry you're having the issue in the first place.

I would suggest this Google support page for troubleshooting this issue:

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190860

Please let us know how this worked!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know if there is any way of re-installing the 4.1.1 OS?  I am having intermittent issues with pop-up errors saying the com.google.process.gapps and gmail stopping, I also have Play Store issues with if force  quitting whenever i initiate an install/update. I have also tried installing apps via the store from my computer and it now says those apps are "installed" but on the phone the notification says the downloads had failed.

I have tried clearing cache and data and force closing the Play Store app, as google suggested, and unsyncing and resyncing all my google apps, all to no avail. I also get the occasional triple text message.

Could I just re-install the update, it that possible?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

re4ee wrote:

I would like to know if there is any way of re-installing the 4.1.1 OS?  I am having intermittent issues with pop-up errors saying the com.google.process.gapps and gmail stopping, I also have Play Store issues with if force  quitting whenever i initiate an install/update. I have also tried installing apps via the store from my computer and it now says those apps are "installed" but on the phone the notification says the downloads had failed.

I have tried clearing cache and data and force closing the Play Store app, as google suggested, and unsyncing and resyncing all my google apps, all to no avail. I also get the occasional triple text message.

Could I just re-install the update, it that possible?

Factory Reset will give you a clean installation of the most current operating system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi re4ee,

It definitely sounds like there's a few troubles going on with the phone. We want to pinpoint what may be causing the trouble as going back in software isn't possible. Please try http://bit.ly/vW58PM to see if the devices allows access to Play Store and single messages coming in. Only applications that were initially installed on the phone will work so apps from Play Store won't be available. Please update us on the functionality of the phone while running in safe mode.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes