Re: Can we get any details on 4.0.4 Update for the Galaxy Nexus
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Just did this and I'm getting update now. It is the actual OTA not a scary online download. This only clears out data that is in your phone and for some reason gets you the update to push.

The 4.0.4 update is pushing out to a massive batch of Galaxy Nexus owners as you read this, however, there are still a number of you that have yet to be prompted. If you would like to speed up the process, you can try this little trick that dozens of readers have submitted as working like a charm. 

1.  From your phone, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2.  Search for  Google Services Framework.
3.  Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4.  Then choose “Clear data.”
5.  Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

You may have to repeat the steps a couple of times. Good luck!

Cheers @splendorthought and to everyone who sent this in!

Thanks Droidlife

chadbordes

that worked like a charm thank you.

I actually followed directions and rebooted. When the phone restarted it

said there was an update.

--

<Personal information deleted per TOS. When replying by email, please don't include a signature line that has any personal information like your full name. Thank you.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Worked like a charm. Defiantly better then waiting.

0 Likes
thelof1

Just worked for me as well, had to try it a couple of times. btw how did you get the temp indicator in the top left corner of your screen?

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using weather bug. It works really well

0 Likes
jakemcgraw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll second that, i use weather bug on my fancy widgets weather app and find it more accurate with the temp here in pa. than others i've tried.

0 Likes
thelof1

Thanks for the info, just downloaded the app and it works great!!

0 Likes
the1lyden

I tried twice, then decided to restart my phone.... it worked the next time i tried it!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!! FINALLY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
scampbel
Enthusiast - Level 2

This REALLY works. Thanks!!

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've got 2 GNex phones, got them the first week available.  I am very surprised by all the problems people are reporting, I have experienced very, very little of that, which makes me suspect that some app or widget folks are loading on their phones must be causing some of the problems.

I don know this.  If you turn off the force hardware acceleration in the developer tools widget, you will definitely get better battery life and very little negative effect.

Both phones got the 4.04 update Friday night.  On my phone I was just doing my usual Check for Updates, and it popped up a dialog box that let me initiate the down load, That method took nearly an hour and a half.  Then I picked up my wife's phone and just turned it on and there was the upgrade message, I accepted and it was done in about 15 minutes.  It may have something to do with the fact that I have many more apps on my phone.

All apps that I have tried since the upgrade run noticeably smoother, reception is better, much clearer between the two phones on voice call.

0 Likes