Can we get any details on 4.0.4 Update for the Galaxy Nexus
CasperS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

Can you give us any information on the 4.0.4 update for the Galaxy Nexus? Any information you could put out here would go a long way towards calming users that at present feel both abandoned and left in the dark. We have no details and our expectations for a quick update cycle have not been met. Please tell us why, there are surly some good reasons. Without any input from you we are left to speculate and it is never in your favor.

Just a little insight into what is causing the delays of the roll-out would go a long way. Until then, it'll just be crickets and the angry mob of dedicated Android fans.

0 Likes
Re: Can we get any details on 4.0.4 Update for the Galaxy Nexus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you realize that this is a peer to peer forum and not a direct line to corporate or customer service?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CasperS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do, but is there a better forum to go to? Is there another venue where VZW would be more likely to answer anyone's questions? If there is, I would happily post there.

Sadly, VZW doesn't make it easy to get answers.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Not really.  Until you see it here, no one really knows.

Rob_Hol
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have seen the 4.0.4 ICS update with my own eyes on a Galaxy Nexus device inside of the Verizon store. I was on my way home and decided to stop into the store to see if their Nexus had 4.0.4. To my surprise, their Nexus is running 4.0.4. When I noticed the update on the phone, I asked an employee why I have not received the update and they fed me the same line that every other Verizon employee is feeding others. You know the line, "they are rolling the update put in waves, but if you keep checking for the update, you might see it soon."

Before I left the store, I took pictures of the phone showing the update. Also for those that live in or around Douglasville,Ga you can go to the Verizon store that sits on the corner of Douglas Blvd and Chapel Hill Rd to see the update for yourself.

I have added photos as evidence.

0 Likes
Rob_Hol
Enthusiast - Level 1

Robert Holmes May 25, 2012 4:34 PM (in response to PJNC284)

I have seen the 4.0.4 ICS update with my own eyes on a Galaxy Nexus device inside of the Verizon store. I was on my way home and decided to stop into the store to see if their Nexus had 4.0.4. To my surprise, their Nexus is running 4.0.4. When I noticed the update on the phone, I asked an employee why I have not received the update and they fed me the same line that every other Verizon employee is feeding others. You know the line, "they are rolling the update put in waves, but if you keep checking for the update, you might see it soon."

Before I left the store, I took pictures of the phone showing the update. Also for those that live in or around Douglasville,Ga you can go to the Verizon store that sits on the corner of Douglas Blvd and Chapel Hill Rd to see the update for yourself.

I have added pictures as evidence.

0 Likes
lights

I went into the Alpharetta GA store today and saw their galaxy nexus' running 4.0.2.  I even checked their phones for the update but got the standard "your system is currently up to date" message.

0 Likes
BigAlVista

As a top-tier provider of telephony services, it is shocking that  Verizon is unwilling/unable to adopt an agile approach to software fixes  and releases.  They have not addressed  critical bugs in over 5 months despite the fact that fixes to some of the more significant ones (OS battery drain, lousy radios to name but two) have been available for months.  Finally, it is most surprising that  despite an outcry from it's customer's, Verizon is unwilling to have  someone from marketing take an hour or two to craft an honest,  transparent and intelligent response to its customers on this matter.

I don't mind waiting, provided I understand why.  A two sentence response akin to "Engineers are working on the upgrade, but we don't yet have a release date" is insulting.  An honest answer like one of the following would go a long way in improving their reputation within their customer base:

• "We have been unable to release the 4.0.4 update due to pending legal actions with xxx"
  • "Our infrastructure will only support OTA updates for 20 million customers per month.  Accordingly, we must provide updates to our most popular phones first.  We expect to roll-out the update to the Galaxy Nexus a year from next Tuesday"
  • "Our engineering department found several critical problems with 4.0.4 including (list them).  Accordingly, management has decided to forgo the release and hold out until Android 5.0 is ready.  We expect Android 5 to be available in late 2012.  Should you find that the issues you are facing with your Nexus running 4.0.2 are insurmountable, we will allow you to trade-in your Galaxy Nexus for one of our other smart phones at the new-every-two price
0 Likes
artj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google has called Verizon's bluff. The 4.0.4 updated is available on Google's server. I would suggest a little reading and searching will give you additional information.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Its been available for days on their servers. Can't wait until my maxx gets

ICS but for now i'm really enjoying just the room it came with and motoblur

0 Likes