Can't receive pictures in text messages after 2.2 upgrade - Please Help!
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having an issue with my Samsung Fascinate. Ever since the 2.2 update I cannot receive pictures people send me through text. It just says downloading and never does anything. I never had this problem on 2.1. Does anyone know why this is happening and what the fix is? Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive pictures in text messages after 2.2 upgrade - Please Help!
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello AyaniB_VZW

Yes, I would see the message and it would just say "downloading". I only use wireless when I am at home, I always turn it off when I am asleep or away from my house so it does not use my battery.

I think I might have figured something out. I un installed the app JuiceDefender. Whenever I was on the phone with support I had my phone un locked and waiting for the test messages from them that worked. Then later on it would stop working but I would receive the messages when my phone was locked in my pocket.  When the phone is locked the app JuiceDefender shuts down all data. Maybe this was causing an issue when I received the messages and my phone was locked. I have removed the app and tested a few times. Each time was successful. We will see how it goes. Not sure if this was the problem or not. I did not have JuiceDefender when I was on 2.1 so maybe this was causing the problem.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone? Bueller....Bueller

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ended up having to re seed my phone on the network. Apparently I was supposed to do this without knowing. Steps below:

- Dial *228 from your Fascinate and call it

- Select option 1

- It will take a minute and phone will reboot

If this does not work, go to the extra step and remove the battery, press power key 3 times while battery is out. Reboot.

Regards

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nevermind, the fix above did not work. I spoke to soon. After I followed the steps above it worked the first time then it went back to doing the same thing.

0 Likes
ponygirl22

I'm having the same issue since the update a few days ago to 2.2.  The update might has well have bricked my phone with all the issues it is having now.  

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have a fix for this? I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon on Friday. They stopped my service and re started it and had me do a couple of re programs. It started working again but then after 1 day it went back to doing the same thing when I received a pic through text, it would not download. This is very frustrating and I am about to change phones and services.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi knully,

I understand the importance of receiving you picture messages.  I would like to gather a little more information.  Do you receive a notification that a message has been received?  Are you using wi-fi to view the picture messages?  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello AyaniB_VZW

Yes, I would see the message and it would just say "downloading". I only use wireless when I am at home, I always turn it off when I am asleep or away from my house so it does not use my battery.

I think I might have figured something out. I un installed the app JuiceDefender. Whenever I was on the phone with support I had my phone un locked and waiting for the test messages from them that worked. Then later on it would stop working but I would receive the messages when my phone was locked in my pocket.  When the phone is locked the app JuiceDefender shuts down all data. Maybe this was causing an issue when I received the messages and my phone was locked. I have removed the app and tested a few times. Each time was successful. We will see how it goes. Not sure if this was the problem or not. I did not have JuiceDefender when I was on 2.1 so maybe this was causing the problem.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for the contribution!

Please let us know if removing the app has corrected the MMS/Picture messaging!

Thanks again!

0 Likes
agorellana3

I'm having this same problem and none of the above solutions worked for me.

0 Likes