Re: CALLING OUT TO ALL FASCINATE OWNERS WAITING FOR 2.2:
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
According to CEO, this will not happen...
0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spiral wrote:

gsp10 wrote:
I Have an idea lets all switch to sprint our else we will have high prices for ever

What are you going to do when Verizon buys Sprint? lol

From Phonescoop this morning-

Verizon Not Interested in Sprint Buyout

Today, 2:25 AM   by Eric M. Zeman

Verizon Wireless CEO Dan Mead, speaking at an event in Orlando, said that the company does not need to purchase rival Sprint. When faced with questions regarding AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile, Mead said, "We're not interested in Sprint. We don't need them." Earlier this week, AT&T proposed to buy GSM rival T-Mobile for $39 billion. If the acquisition is approved, it would make AT&T the largest network operator in the U.S., with approximately 130 million customers.

0 Likes
bellesforever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in..Still waitingggg.

0 Likes
littlefrank96

nickjr wrote:
According to CEO, this will not happen...

I think your right

0 Likes
Jammer1
Better than phone calls would be getting about 1$ people in front of a Verizon company store in 1 to 3 hour shifts for a week with signs! They get you to buy junk phones them refuse to fix or replace them. Jammer1
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
And now T-Mobile is thinking about acquiring
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Jammer1 great idea! Hopefully after April 1st we should not have to do that.

{edited to comply with Terms of Service}

0 Likes
yoworm

I would be willing to stand with my sign outside of the Germantown maryland Verizon Store.  If any one is down message me and we will get it together.  I would even be willing to contact the local news station if we have enough participants.

0 Likes
Hawk521

To be fair, it does take Verizon a bit of time to figure out how to disable some of the standard Froyo features they do not wish for their customers to have.  Perhaps they are stuck on how to prevent Google search from being installed rather than their contracted version of Bing.  They seem to look at every possible app for a revenue stream.  And this only works if they can lock their customers into this situation.

While this sounds absurd - it is certainly in Verizon's wheelhouse!  I owned one of Verizon's Blackberry phones and although it contained a GPS (freely available to customers on all other carriers), Verizon owners could not use it unless they paid the Verizon ransom of $10 per month.  I never did pay it...but I'll never forget the experience either!

0 Likes
gsp10
0 Likes