Re: Bluetooth handsfree silenced by aux. audio out
DaleCell707

Zachary,

I replaced the WHOLE phone.  Both phones have the problem.  It's the model until someone tests it as says the functionality I described works right on ANY Fascinate.  Please don't recommend that I waste hours of my time setting my phone up again haft a hard reset without having some reason to believe it will fix my problem.

0 Likes
samuria1

Verizon seriously needs to lean on samsung to fix this flaw. I've tried everything I know to try to fix this but all to no avail.  I'm having the same problem -- Bluetooth hands-free works just fine until I plug in my auxiliary connection to stream audio and suddenly, I receive calls but phone audio goes dead. Personally, I think samsung needs to provide a setting that gives you to option to make your Bluetooth a higher priority when connected, so all audio from phone calls go through  Bluetooth system as opposed to the current way it is which is the auxiliary being default/priority when plugged in.

They shouldn't blame the auto manufacturer or 3rd party automobile Bluetooth system. I bought my fascinate and a Droid X, I've also owned multiple blackberry phones, and all those phones including others from friends and family work just fine to get call audio via Bluetooth while auxiliary is plugged in except for the fascinate. So Samsung needs to stop whining and fix the **bleep** thing. They truly have a winner in their hands but this glitch needs to be fixed before it truly spreads that they do have a defective product.

One more week, and if I don't find a way to fix this, I'll probably take it back for a Droid-X.

Who do we contact @ Verizon to help in resolving this?

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

To Zrock02:

{please keep your posts courteous}. ALL (not just some) Fascinate users are experiencing the same problem and it was recorded on dozens of other boards. It is a limitation of the Android 2.1 on Fascinate. There is something that Samsung did with their Touchwiz that caused that.

So it doesn't matter how many time you will hard reboot or swap your phone, it simply WILL NOT WORK. 

To all other users:

Just accept the fact that it doesn't work the way how you like it and learn to live around it.

0 Likes
shoe5150

I noticed this problem when simply plugging in headphones into my Fascinate. I would be listening to music and receive a call, I could hear the caller just fine but they cannot hear me until I unplug the head phones. My old {word filter avoidance}
Eris had no issue with this I cannot believe there is not a way to turn off that feature. RIDICULOUS!

0 Likes
SirKronan

EB01 (latest Fascinate Froyo leak) seems pretty "finalized" and reports over at XDA and AndroidForums are that it is running great and seems ready for primetime, but I hope there's one more revision. A revision that fixes the following:

1. Video/TV output via 3.5mm jack, as other Galaxy S variants have

2. The bluetooth and audio jack call silencing problem, which is also actually a safety hazard and a detriment to a truly hands free experience

This phone has been out long enough that Verizon/Samsung have NO EXCUSE for a problem like this. I've seen one poster saying that his works, but I've never gotten it to work on my Fascinate, regardless of updates, system wipes, settings, what model/brand of bluetooth or audio cable, etc. My wife just got a brand new Fascinate for Valentine's Day. Same problem. I called Verizon. They said that they are aware of the problem, and the rep assured me that it would be fixed in the next update to the Fascinate.

It's not fixed in either leak of 2.2.1 for the Fascinate. That's why I'm hoping we get one more release. I can live without the video out, even though it would be nice and I would use it. But having to pull the audio connector out of the jack while you're driving down the road just to take a call over a legitimately connected bluetooth headset is ASININE. Never had this problem with the DX or the Eris. The Fascinate came out in 2010. Some states are making it a law to use only hands free kits while driving or get a ticket. This needs to be fixed.

I posted this on one of the 2.2 threads as well, but thought I'd post it here too, in the hopes that someone from Verizon will see this and address it.

0 Likes
brianm72

I had this same problem, listening to Pandora through my Aux input in the car, I would receive a phone call and hear them fine through the car stereo but they could not hear me.

So I've had the phone for a few months and after going through a couple of updates I decided to try it again last night, and now it works fine.  I hear the caller through the car stereo and they hear me as well.  The only difference here is I am not using bluetooth.  I have an Arkon Mega Grip mount very close to my steering wheel so it is virtually hands free and a great setup.

After reading this thread I'm now worried that it won't keep working.  Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

This is a known issue with Fascinate. If you have a headset connected to audio-out, bluetooth mic will not work. Verizon and Samsung will just give you a run-around if you ask for answers. Not sure if they are even working on a fix, because I have not seen them acknowledge this issue.

Here are a couple of work-arounds

a) If you can, install a bluetooth audio system in your vehicle. Use bluetooth only stereo headset. Do not use the audio out at all.

b) Purchase an audio-out pass-thru cable with built-in mic.

0 Likes