Beta testing for Galaxy Nexus new software on Verizon?
Roorda

How would I sign up for something like that? Is it possible? Do I have to be an employee of them in order to qualify or can I throw my name in a hat someplace? I've done beta testing for Microsoft and such in the past and know that it's not all free stuff and fun times. You gotta report stuff and be an active participant. If there's a way for someone who doesn't get a paycheck from them to join the fray, I'd like to know how.

0 Likes
Re: Beta testing for Galaxy Nexus new software on Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy Nexus updates come through Google not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I asked Samsung about being a beta tester and I got this response from them-

Dear ,

Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that you want to become tester for software releases.

We have recently launched the Samsung Developers web site, providing a central destination for all developers creating content for Samsung devices. This web site provides access to all the tools you could need to turn your ideas into reality.

Please visit the Samsung Developers web site at the following URL:

http://innovator.samsungmobile.com/

Thank you for your interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Rogelio
Technical Support

I guess Samsung thinks "beta tester" and "developer" are the same thing.

0 Likes
reggie14

- No, Google only pushes updates to the GSM Nexus phones.  CDMA Nexus phones get their updates from the carrier. 

Sorry, you can't pin this on Google.  Verizon could have pushed an update to v4.0.4 a long time ago.  A lot of people are running the leaked version with much better experiences than the official v4.0.2 release.  But, that requiring unlocking the bootloader on the phone, which Verizon frowns upon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wrong, Google pushes the update. Verizon Wireless has an approval process first before it is released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clos101
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is where I get so angry. Verizon says that Samsung pushes the release. Samsung says Google does. Google says Verizon pushes it out.

No one is taking ANY accountability.

0 Likes
aurorajp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, so Google pushes the update and then Verizon has to approve it.  Well, Google pushed the 4.0.4 update months ago, what is taking so long Verizon?