Best way to get Fascinate swapped for replacement phones?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, my wife and I recently (June 22nd) bought 2 Samsung Fascinate phones. We are upgraded to 2.2 Froyo EDO4. We have both been missing calls from eachother, work and family/friends. The signal is always low, usually 2 bars but also only 1 bar sometimes. We have experienced force closes, freezing and poor battery life. Many people complain and tell us that we sound distant and that our voices are also scratchy and not clear. We have the unlimited plan for both phones and just want to have a solid working phone that makes call and receives calls and texts/IM's, as this is very important. We got the phone because of its stylish looks and gorgeous Super AMOLED screen....I have heard that the phones being swapped for it are the Droid X2, INC 2, and the Charge. My question is, what is the best way to go about getting this issue taken care of, getting the phones swapped out? Going to a Corporate VZW store, or calling VZW tech support? Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Best way to get Fascinate swapped for replacement phones?
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

DC5_K20Z1 wrote:

Hello, my wife and I recently (June 22nd) bought 2 Samsung Fascinate phones. We are upgraded to 2.2 Froyo EDO4. We have both been missing calls from eachother, work and family/friends. The signal is always low, usually 2 bars but also only 1 bar sometimes. We have experienced force closes, freezing and poor battery life. Many people complain and tell us that we sound distant and that our voices are also scratchy and not clear. We have the unlimited plan for both phones and just want to have a solid working phone that makes call and receives calls and texts/IM's, as this is very important. We got the phone because of its stylish looks and gorgeous Super AMOLED screen....I have heard that the phones being swapped for it are the Droid X2, INC 2, and the Charge. My question is, what is the best way to go about getting this issue taken care of, getting the phones swapped out? Going to a Corporate VZW store, or calling VZW tech support? Any ideas?

Go to your Verizon store and tell them all the issues your are having with your phone and have been informed about the new policy about being able to exchange your phone for one of those currently being offered. Droidx2, HtC Incrdible2 or Droid Charge
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello, 

Since the ED05 software was released, we are no longer offering replacement devices of a different model. Have you updated your devices to this software? I have provided you with the steps below. 

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone (have to scroll down)

Press Check for System Updates

Additionally, here is a link that shows the benefits of this update, as well as the steps. 

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

0 Likes
tawest64

I'm missing more texts after the ED05 update than I was with ED04.  The problem is not fixed so I'd say the pdf file listing the benefits of doing this update is WRONG.  Is anyone from Verizon going to address this or is there going to be another 2 month wait for another failed upgrade? 

I'd guess that in the scheme of Verizon, a small percentage of us have this piece of crap phone.  What I don't understand is why this company does not want it's customers to be happy and satisfied.  Ya think I'm going to refer people to Verizon anymore?  I USED to...

0 Likes
adamamazing

tawest64 wrote:

I'm missing more texts after the ED05 update than I was with ED04.  The problem is not fixed so I'd say the pdf file listing the benefits of doing this update is WRONG.  Is anyone from Verizon going to address this or is there going to be another 2 month wait for another failed upgrade? 

I'd guess that in the scheme of Verizon, a small percentage of us have this piece of crap phone.  What I don't understand is why this company does not want it's customers to be happy and satisfied.  Ya think I'm going to refer people to Verizon anymore?  I USED to...

i got a CLNR fascinate this week.its updated to ED05 but still not the 2.3 firmware.i am currently sitting in my bedroom.second floor of the house and only have 2 bars as far as signal goes.i've only had the replacement for 2 days so i'm not sure if i am missing calls or not.but it still eats thru the battery nice and quick.also since i went to the store I WILL NEVER  go back to the store i usually do again.the girl there

A. talked down to me when i got upset about her not doing much to help.

B. laughed at me when i questioned her on why my phone wasnt working right and why i kept getting a run around.

C. after laughing at me walked away from me.

if this phone i received isnt working right  i will get a swap for my phone seeing how verizon doesnt even offer the fascinate anymore.if i dont get a swap i plan on moving on to some other provider eventhough i've had verizon for over 10 years now.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

tawest64 wrote:

Hi tawest64,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if my phone did not perform as expected. You are a valued customer and we will do anything within the scope of our company's policy to resolve your concerns. If the ED05 update has not resolved the issues with your phone we can definitely explore the option to provide you with a Certified Like New Replacement. For details about the Certified Like New Replacement program please visit the link below:

Certified Like-New Replacement Process

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

tawest64 wrote:

Hi tawest64,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if my phone did not perform as expected. You are a valued customer and we will do anything within the scope of our company's policy to resolve your concerns. If the ED05 update has not resolved the issues with your phone we can definitely explore the option to provide you with a Certified Like New Replacement. For details about the Certified Like New Replacement program please visit the link below:

Certified Like-New Replacement Process

So your confirming for the masses that the trade policyis still in effect?  Many have been denied this now that ED05 was released.

0 Likes
allaboutmykids
Enthusiast - Level 3

What he's saying is that while the Fascinate is under warranty, they will send you basically a refurbished, LIKE NEW Fascinate. Should that not work, then possibly they'll fancy the idea of letting us swap into another phone, but for now, you would just get another Fascinate. They shipped mine yesterday, I received it this morning, my husband says it looks brand new, and now I get to put it to the test to see if that fixes my problems. Best of luck!

0 Likes
tdkd4e

Wanted to find out if after getting a replacement new fascinate phone if the problems you have been having were fixed? I just called today with so many problems with my fascinate, and they are sending me a new one. I hope it fixes it, but if it doesn't I will DEMAND a new DIFFERENT phone, I have had Verizon for a very long time and we have 5 lines and no landline phone, I have to have a reliable way to get ahold of my kids and my husband every day and not knowing if this phone is going to work or not scares me everyday! 

0 Likes
DM6156

I'm still missing calls with the new update as well.

0 Likes