Battery life after recent update
jlheaton

Just installed an update on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus last night, which brought me up to 4.2.2.  Battery life is absolutely non-existent afterwards.  Normally, I go from 6:00 am to about 7:00pm before i have to put the phone on the charger.  This morning, battery went from 80% to 14% in an hour.

Is there a way to roll back?  Or is there a fix on the way?  please help, as the USB cable plugged into my computer is not even able to keep up and recharge the phone with it on.  It's off now, and charging, but that means i'm unavailable on the phone, not good.

0 Likes
Re: Battery life after recent update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No there isn't any official way to roll back an update.

I wouldn't use the USB cable connected to the computer to charge the phone. Plug it into the wall charger.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlheaton

Well, that's at home, and I'm at work.

Please tell me i'm not the only one with battery life issues and that this is going to get fixed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I purposely keep a wall charger at work for all the smartphones I have had over the years including the Nexus.

I hadn't gotten the update yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlheaton

Well, looking at other threads, I see that I'm not alone in this issue, not that that makes me feel better.  If I can get the thing charged up enough, I'll even try the troubleshooting that they mentioned.

0 Likes