Battery life after jelly bean update
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two Galaxy Nexus running on Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean. I charge battery 3 hour ago and now it's 15% discharge.on both phone have a extended battery.and I have not using phone if i do it drain much faster.I had best battery life befour the update 4.1.1

Everything is off email sync,location gps services, google now,auto brightness uncheck,bluetooth off,NFC uncheck,data on CDMA 3g ,pulse notification light uncheck and I also did reset to factory.

Any other suggestion to improve battery life on Galaxy Nexus?

0 Likes
Re: Battery life after jelly bean update
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you gone to settings, apps, running, and made sure there is nothing sneaky running that you don't know about?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your "Cell Standby" seems high to me. Can you touch the battery discharge graphic and take a screenshot of the radio strength and usage screen?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dman49497
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the exact same thing after the jellybean update.  GPS location is way off, losing 4g connection, etc.   It must have something to do with the update.   I want to remove the update!!!!!!

steveke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here....if I had the option...give me back my Ice Cream Sandwich. Mine keeps rebooting itself.....just had a long phone call and after I hung up.....that's it....reboot.

Very frustrated and I know when I call 611 or go to the store....there will be no fix.

KevinA

Have you tried a factory reset? Not from within Jellybean itself, but from turning off your phone and going into recovery mode at boot? I have yet to experience any issues with the phone and it could always be a 3rd party application not knowing how to react to this new OS.

If you would like to try this option, follow these steps.

1. Turn off the device
  2. Hold the power button and the volume keys together at the same time
  3. Wait until you see "Start"
  4. Using your volume keys, press the up key until you reach "Recovery mode" (The Google logo will appear)
  5. Press power + up volume key until you see "Android system recovery <3e>
  6. From here, use your volume down key to select "wipe data/ factory reset"

You will lose all your data, hence a "factory reset". You can download a free application from Google Inc called "Google Drive" which comes with 5GB free of online storage. You can upload important files there!

Verizon Wireless heavily tests future ota upgrades and they wouldn't release any corrupt updates.

0 Likes
steveke
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Google logo appears and I try to go to step 5, I get the green

little robot on his back, 'tummy' open with a red triangle and exclamation

mark in it....and it stays there for a long time???

Then the phone reboots....problems stay.

I do not know who you are Kevin but I was at the Verizon store on Friday

and I was told to call customer service as they are not responsible for the

software...it's Samsung's problem!?

I am a +$300 a month client and this is the service I get!

I will close my account, pay whatever it takes and go someplace else if

this doesn't get fixed fast...this did not happen on my request and I'm

stuck with it.

Respectfully,

Steve <Personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon didn't build the device.  Much like any manufactured product the company that is ultimately liable will always be the manufacturer.

I told various people who were waiting for the JB update that is wasn't ready especially the radios.  I told you so

FYI Verizon would release a 1/2 baked update especially when there is enough pressure from their customers.

0 Likes
steveke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excuse me....so I get from Verizon...the option to upgrade....it sucks and

now it is my problem?(did I get a warning that this could go wrong???)

I am a business owner....this is so wrong.

I smell a law suit.

<Personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Good luck with that.  You would have a better shot having it targeting Samsung, and Google.  They are the ones that made the update and are the manufacturers of the device. You could add Verizon a co-defendant for possible leverage.

I would recommend you removing your personal information as it is against the ToU of the forums.

0 Likes