Battery Life. (I know it's already a topic)
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

First time Android user here.

I upgraded to Froyo as soon as I got the phone (5-10-11)

So I don't know about battery life from when it was on Eclair.

My phone lasts 6 hours at most.

I have Task Manager and clear it all the time. Also Advanced task manager, and clear apps all the time.

Tried juice defender, didnt work.

HELP!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Life. (I know it's already a topic)
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Only thing I can suggest with the stock froyo is to use wireless when you can, and make sure it is off when you are out of wireless range and let 3G connect.

If you leave wireless on while no connection available it continues to search for a network causing some battery drain. On the other hand, if you have a weak 3G signal say in your home (as I do) it will also cause more battery drain.

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I've tried both of those things already.

This battery life, is not acceptable. I ordered my Extended Battery last night.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

ohyeahobrien wrote:

Yeah, I've tried both of those things already.

This battery life, is not acceptable. I ordered my Extended Battery last night.

Sorry couldn't provide anything new to try. Nice screenname by the way!

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

ohyeahobrien wrote:

First time Android user here.

I upgraded to Froyo as soon as I got the phone (5-10-11)

So I don't know about battery life from when it was on Eclair.

My phone lasts 6 hours at most.

I have Task Manager and clear it all the time. Also Advanced task manager, and clear apps all the time.

Tried juice defender, didnt work.

HELP!

ohyeahobrien,

I'm sure you have read some of the other posts about battery saving/extending techniques..., but here's what I would suggest right off the bat:

a.  Since you just upgraded to Froyo, backup your data and do the factory data reset before you install too many more apps.  This will clear the cache among other things that will overall speed up the performance on your phone.

b.  Perform a "battery bump" charge.  With the phone on, connect to charger and let it go to 100%.  Unplug charger, turn off phone, plug charger back on and let it go to 100%.  Finally, unplug charger, turn on phone, plug charger back on and let it go again to 100%.  According to some Devs on other Android forums, the battery has basically a "micro-chip" on/in it that allows it to comm with the phone.  This procedure allows the phone to get back in sync with the battery.  It sounds stupid, but I can charge my battery in the early evening and it will only drop about 9% overnight.

c.  Live wallpaper likes juice.  Change to a static image like a photo.

SFObrien had some other great suggestions.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
graysayer

I too could not take the poor battery life. I went back to 2.1 and could not be happier.

I wish I could show you but I am at 1/2 battery charge and been 1 day 12 hours 36 minutes since last charge. I now do not limit my uses and have been able to use my phone again like it was intended.

With 2.2 6 to 10 hours with very limited use and doing everything under the sun to save power.

Now no issues once again.

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you revert to 2.1?

0 Likes
graysayer

When I called verizon and complained about the issues I was having they sent me a  free replacement with 2.1 loaded.

Good deal I thought.

They said that they are not shipping out the 2.2 right now due to the difficulties.

That was last Wednesday.

This week I have been a Happy Camper.

0 Likes
mknox

We acquired 2 of the Samsung Fascinate phones back in November 2010 and have been extremely dissatisfied.  The battery life is a major problem.  We wind up keeping the phones plugged in most of the time.  Without running the wifi or Bluetooth features, we are lucky to get 4 hours of battery life.  We have taken the phones back multiple times with no solution.  Guess we will just have to wait for a replacement phone next year or pay the early termination fee and switch carriers.

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well that's crap. Why did Verizon tell me to NOT upgrade to Froyo because of the difficulties.

excuse me but this is complete

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes