Re: Battery LIfe?
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

I'm guessing much of what we're seeing in battery life issues will be resolved as ICS is fine tuned along with the apps.

0 Likes
jbruer

I'm seeing much better battery life after resetting the battery stats. At the moment drain is about 4%/hour under the same conditions that caused 10%/hour loss before. Android OS is still responsible for a lot of "keep awake" time, but I can live with this sort of battery usage until an update is released.

0 Likes
DroidRBD

The battery life is about the same as my previous 4G phone.  I always keep a spare battery as a spare just in case.  So far it is not a problem.  Poor Razr owners don't have that option. 

0 Likes
camerus

I've had issues but things are getting better. First of all I like this phone so much that I want to give it a chance until all the bugs are fixed. I've ordered an extended battery (-50% discount right now) + battery charger with an additional standard battery. So I'm ready to get long hours of Nexus fun.

I'm currently trying to see if the battery last longer with NFC deactivated. I don't use it anyway since Google Wallet is banned. So far I've been on battery for 9h35 min with 56% remaining. Before that I needed to charge 2-3 times a day.

I've read comments from people using Google Wallet on Nexus S and complaining about battery life due to it. So I figured maybe it's NFC. Let see! Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Crawlnstall
I've had my nexus since the 19th and at first I would drain my battery pretty quick, about 10-15% an hour I would say. I've learned that if I keep all of my data off when I don't need it, and use 3G when I don't need the blazing speed of 4G I can make it through the day. I have an extra battery and spare charger that I got as a back up but haven't needed it yet. My previous devices were the Droid2 and the OG Droid and I don't see much of a difference in battery life in my opinion.
0 Likes
maxicat1960

I am not 100% happy with the battery life, but I have found a few things that help.  Go into settings-developer options. Then check "Don't keep activities".  Also, go into "background process limit", and limit the number of apps you have running in the background.  I also put my screen to sleep when not using the phone, as it seems that the majority of battery drain seems to be coming from the screen (which is something I hope the next OTA update addresses).  Using these little items, on a standard battery, I get 7-8 hours with moderate use.  Using the extended battery, I get 10-12 with moderate use.

0 Likes
camerus

I don't need to make so many changes to get to a descent battery life. Initially I had extremely short battery life either on the standard or the extended one. I've even reactivated NFC to enjoy Google Wallet and still, I'm really happy now with battery life. It seems like my phone is improving days after days (signal is much better, battery life and speed -I've clocked 37 mbps download). With my extended battery I'm getting now 16h46mn with 19% remaining. I charged it yesterday evening and it's now 3:45 pm on 12/27.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

in a previous thread I hit 10 hours with 43% life left and posted pictures.  There's a lot of factors involved and it's hard to pinpoint the problems when someone has poor battery life.  If you play Words with Friends or Hanging with Friends I recommend you remove them.  Their notification coding is terrible.  I was able to extend my battery life by an hour, and imagining a heavy user +1 hour is a good thing.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I loooooove the extended battery. 22+ hours with only a 20 minute charge a little before putting it on the charger.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eYER81YyH14/TwHbLq8HMdI/AAAAAAAACkA/BSzs2IjsBj0/s512/Screenshot_2012-01-01-20-09-38.png

0 Likes