Backup Assistant Fails to Sync with Update
thuay2218

Does anyone know if this is a glitch? I have my VW Backup Assistant syncing overnight, and every morning since updating this week, I've seen the logo on the bar saying that syncing failed. It takes about three manual tries of tapping "Sync Now" until it completes (it works 3/4 times I say. Other days I just risk not syncing my new numbers.)

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Fails to Sync with Update
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

There may be an update for that program. I deleted mine because it was getting confused with Google backup and my contacts were getting screwed up. Go to the playstore and check for a newer version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Thuay2218, I am sorry to hear about the Backup assistant syncing issues that you are having. I know it is important to back up contacts regularly because it is impossible to remember them all and truly a pain to enter them in all one by one.

One thing I want you to try is to try resetting the Backup assistant application. To reset the Backup Assistant application please follow the steps below:

1.From the home screen, select Apps.
2.From the APPS tab, select Settings.
3.From the DEVICE section, select Apps.
4.From the All tab, select Backup assistant.
5.Select Force stop.
6.Select OK.
7.From the STORAGE section, select Clear data.
8.Select OK.

Once you've reset the app, try resyncing and let us know what happens.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Better yet, forget Backup Assistant altogether... it's seriously flawed. Verizon knows it, but won't fix it. Now, you know it. Better alternative: from contacts "menu/settings", export backups to storage (was "/storage /sdcard0" in Android v4.1.1--now "/storage /emulated /0" in Android v4.2.2). Then, upload vcf backup files to Google Drive, other cloud drive, or store on another device. Finally, uncheck all sync options except for your main Google account. If you find a better solution, please post a reply.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The user can also disable Backup Assistant once they have transferred the contacts elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1  Good morning Annie Poo How did the Weather Turn out your Way we Had lot's of ICE here in the Area..

0 Likes
neuroncer

I'm having a similar problem with a new Samsung Galaxy Stellar. In the beginning Backup Assistant Plus worked fine, however, for the last few days its been having problems. If it tries to backup on its own, the backup fails and it returns an error code:5. If I try to manually backup using BAP from Setup>Accounts>Backup Assistant Plus>Backup Now it always fails on the first try then tries again to backup and is successful. What is going on? It seems like the BAP software has been corrupted and needs to be reinstalled but i can't find any way of doing that...help!

PS - How do I change my community username as somehow the Verizon community forum software misspelled it, and how do I get it to display instead of my full name?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

neuroncer wrote:

~snip~

PS - How do I change my community username as somehow the Verizon community forum software misspelled it, and how do I get it to display instead of my full name?

Your username can only be changed by the administrator of the community. Your full name is only displayed to you. I see "neuroncer".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
neuroncer

How do I contact the adminstrator? I'm new here and new to smartphones which is why I don't have a clue on what to do re the BAP failure. Someone mentioned storing your backup elsewhere and disabling BAP...how do you do that and where would you store that type of data?

0 Likes
troysteris

Tried this and still does not work. Communication error or error 5.

0 Likes