Backing up contacts (People)
slcorbett62

I'm am trying to backup my contacts using the backup assistant.  It appears I have two types of contacts, 'Phone" and "Google" and only the Phone contacts are being backed up.  How do I get the "Google" contacts to be a "Phone" contact or how can I get my backup assistant back up ALL of my contacts.  I currently have a HTC Thunderbolt.  I bought a Samsung Galaxy which is why I'm trying to backup all of my contacts so I can import them into my new phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backing up contacts (People)
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you have them backed up with google on the Thunderbolt and are using the same gmail account on the Nexus, those should be synced.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you have them backed up with google on the Thunderbolt and are using the same gmail account on the Nexus, those should be synced.

0 Likes
slcorbett62

Ok... but how do I back them up with Google?  I was trying to do that yesterday as well thinking then I would be covered but I haven't found how to do that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contacts labeled as "Google" are already synced with the Google server and are available online. You need to sign into the new phone with the same Gmail address and verify that sync is turned on for that new phone. The contacts should re-populate on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
slcorbett62

I just logged into my gmail account and found them all there!  Phew... so I'm good to go!!!  Thank you very much.

0 Likes