BBB Complaint Against VZW
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I know it won't do me or anyone else any good, but I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Verizon because of the Galaxy Nexus being defective and Verizon's refusal to refund me my purchase price since they have not done anything to correct the issues. I don't understand how Sprint's version which was released last month is already updated to 4.0.4 and Verizon's is still sitting at 4.0.2 and is not working. Add in the fact that Verizon said in March that a fix/patch was coming and Google has public stating that 4.0.4 is ready pisses me off to no end. It makes you wonder if Big Red is trying to figure out how to push their bloatware on the Galaxy Nexus with the new update.

Re: BBB Complaint Against VZW
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

It won't hurt.  I personally filed 2 complaints with the FCC because, like you, they wouldn't release the fix to correct my phone AND they were unwilling to swap my phone for a different model that works as expected.  I also beat up their facebook page.

Good luck!

(and I agree with you -- I think the hold up is them trying to get their crapware to work with the new OS version)

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

People put way too much stake in the BBB.  It's a joke.

nursebrent
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too lodged a complaint with BBB and the FCC. I did receive contact from a verizon executive and his resolution was that I would have the update by tomorrow 5/23/12. I have this in writing in his response to the BBB. Still waiting and he actually stated a 50/50 proposition that the update would fix my one way audio issues and random drops from the network completely in a strong 4g signal area... I replied back that I did not accept this resolution and am awaiting the next step. Im prepared to go the abritration route next...

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I got a response from a Verizon rep stating that the delay in the update is Google and Samsung's fault. no time table was given. I know this to be blantant lie as Google has already stated the update is ready. In fact Google has place ICS update 4.0.4 out there again on their servers and a few tech blog/websites have it out there also.

<< Content edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

BBB worked for me when a car repair garage did an extra $1000 dollars worth of repairs to my car I did not authorize. If there is fault and BBB can prove it then I shall be compensated.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Look at any android subforum here and you will see complaints of the lack of updates.  BBB and class action lawsuit threats certainly haven't gotten anywhere with Verizon.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

So did I and also one with the FCC and attorney general in Washington State!

0 Likes
LDressel
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can also file a claim in small claims court. Typically they will setlle instead of spending hundreds to send a representative (not lawyer....lawyers not allowed in small claims), to fight claim. About 25 dollars to file claim.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

After reading this thread I decided to do the same. Filed with the FCC and the BBB. We'll see if anything comes of it.

0 Likes