Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

tduke100 wrote:

Update number 3 from Tduke100:

After my visit to the store and implementing their suggestions, my battery life was no better.  I called my Verizon rep (we are like BFFs by now) and Verizon sent yet another phone.  Or rather, a phone "front."  This exercise involves removing the back cover, battery and SD card from my phone and installing them on the "new" phone front.  The purpose of the exercise was so I could "defer" the 2.2 update.  Well, guess what?  The phone came with 2.2 (a/k/a ED04) ALREADY INSTALLED!!!  So needless to say, I will be calling my rep again on Tuesday to see what the next step is.  I was offered a different phone, any phone of my choosing, but I LIKE my Samsung Fascinate (at least I did before the update) and would be very happy if I could keep the Fascinate with the previous software version.  Stay tuned.  Once my situation is resolved I will post all the details here, including the name of my rep, who seems to be trying his best to make sure I am a happy customer.

You are very fortunate one to have a rep go out of thier way to make sure you are happy customer, as you can see from many posts, this is usual not the practice, they tend to blame the problems on the users.
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
tawest64

I would just like to point out that this thread started in APRIL.  Happy July everyone.  JULY.  Come on - somebody can fix this - my guess is that no one really cares.

0 Likes
smrsno

My battery life was also killed after the update BUT, about a week and a half ago I downloaded "Juice Defender Ultimate" from the market and it's amazing how long my battery lasts now.  I have not tweeked the settings at all....I have just run the default settings that were with the download. I can talk, text, play games, check and send emails and do multiple other tasks, and my battery still isn't in the red by the time I go to bed.  I do have a habit of charging my phone every night anyway but at least I don't have to charge it twice during the day!!

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a new front also, nothing has changed with the battery life.  I charge it  completely every night.  I used it to text 6 people, 1 call (12 minutes) & approx 5 minutes on web, my battery was dead.  I hate going to the verizon store again, they laugh when my grandson takes his in for problems.  The one local store was rude to me, the other store put me off  twice when they couldn't duplicate the problem of it locking up.  I dread going back about the battery.  :womanmad:     I would love a different phone, one that I can use & get my $107 worth a month.    :womanmad:

0 Likes
ladygodiva

I have had this issue since my phone was replaced about a month ago with the latest version of s/w (the vibrator feature was DOA on my first phone).  The battery used to last 7-8 hours w/o having to recharge, but in 2.2, it lasts at most 3-4 hours.  I have to plug it in wherever I go - car, office PC, home charger.  Once I was out all day at an outdoor festival, and had to keep my phone charging in my car which was on accessory mode (slightly draining ITS battery) simply to keep the phone alive!  How ridiculous is that??  My b/f has the exact same problem with his new Fascinate, which he received w/in a couple of weeks of my receiving my new one.

In the store, Verizon acknowledged the problem and suggested I call Samsung.  Their tech support flat-out denied ANY REPORTED ISSUES with the phone, which is totally ABSURD!   They too suggested a hard reset (wiping the phone), which I will now never try based on feedback on this forum thread (thanks to everyone for that info!).  I am tempted to call them back and find someone to whom to send a link to this thread so they can see a slice of reality.

Selene

0 Likes
hestia

Yes, I have had problems with the battery since the update.  At the store they told me my battery is old. My phone is only about 6 months old!  I've just about had it!

0 Likes
stustuff

Add my phone to the list of power problems. The battery is going out at about twice the original rate..Terrible upgrade.

I have noticed the battery getting very warm after a long conversation or using GPS navagation.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

stustuff wrote:

Add my phone to the list of power problems. The battery is going out at about twice the original rate..Terrible upgrade.

I've had this issue also, I did buy an larger battery and that helps somewhat
0 Likes
ndd822

Everyone! Call into ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT. I spoke to a guy the other day that said they are very UNAWARE of this issue on a large scale. They sent me a new Fascinate. SAME ISSUE! Im calling Samsung next and demanding a new phone.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

ndd822 wrote:

Everyone! Call into ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT. I spoke to a guy the other day that said they are very UNAWARE of this issue on a large scale. They sent me a new Fascinate. SAME ISSUE! Im calling Samsung next and demanding a new phone.

Was it new or refurbished?
0 Likes