Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had all of these problems that have been listed throughout this thread. After the endless charging every night, I am finding that I can get through the day. But the display is a battery hogger. Can't wait for Gingerbread. Oh and if Verizon were to offer me to swap phones, I would only swap for DroidX2, Thunderbolt, or Charge :smileytongue:

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
ibm360
Enthusiast - Level 3

My battery life post 2.2 is also dismal to say the least.

WiFi on or off, mobile data on or off, GPS on or off, dark static wallpaper vrs bright live wallpaper, no difference.

I have factory reset and run in with just factory apps, no difference.

Daily bump charging of battery, no difference.

Display auto, or manual with it turned way down, no difference.

The only constant is this mess is the high usage in the battery display for the display.

This seems pretty self evident as to what the problem is.

0 Likes
dabernathy12000

Me too. I even have the extended battery and it kills it dead after about 12 hours of me doing almost nothing. Please work on the fix Verizon. Thanks.

0 Likes
dabernathy12000

I've tried all this too. The only thing that I can see is that the screen seems visibly brighter even in the very lowest possible setting. I don't see much adjustment at all when I try to make it dimmer. I think this is where the issue is.

0 Likes
onlyi17

Battery only lasts 5 hours with new update.

0 Likes
Jkoester
Please add me to the battery woes count.
0 Likes
muppetkiller

My nearly full battery was exhausted with the update. I recharged and now it might last two hours instead of two days. I wonder why I upgraded. Oh yeah, I'm a bandwidth hog who would prefer decent speeds and gets 1X as an ex-Alltel customer who bought an expensive phone, pays for 3G and still gets 1X. My Bad!

0 Likes
bettty45

I too have found my droid is slower, lags and uses more battery...I know have banner ads that I can't get rid of....I also can't seem to keep app's from running all the time even though I keep "killing" them...they just come back right away....please help!!!!

0 Likes
Gregor59

Same here, battery lasts 5 hours. And a bunch of other issues also.

0 Likes
fsm

I guess that is trying to be helpful, but in what way does that answer qualify as "solving" this problem? I was pretty happy to see that this problem was "solved"; instead after wading through this and 11 pages of nonsense, I see that Verizon still has not managed to fix the issue.

So count me in as one more with this issue.

0 Likes