Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gad2103 wrote:
We need to all figure out what we can do. We were all lied to when we bought this phone -- froyo update "any day now" six months ago. Obviously verizon employees were instructed to say that so they could turn even more of a profit off of a defective product. I was considering waiting for the iphone but was dumb enough to trust the salesperson (imagine that John Lennon, a business telling the truth! Add that to a verse in your song.)

I hope you've got your colander on.  They're all out to get you.  

Seriously, I initially had awful battery life with the Froyo upgrade.  The next several days I swear I saw an improvement, but this week (at least) my battery life has been horrible.   HORRIBLE.  In the first two hours I had my phone unplugged this morning, I downloaded an app, read two texts, responded to one, played my Words With Friends game (one round on each of about ten games) and put the phone down.  I lost 30%+ in those two hours.  

I've adjusted my settings (quick timeout, no auto-adjust brightness and it's turned down to under 10%, Wifi always off unless I'm actively using it, etc...) and it's still just draining like it's its job.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

I'm experiencing the battery drain issue as well. Charge lasts about 6 hours, a decline of at least 75% since updating to Froyo. Not very hopeful that we'll see a fix anytime soon.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

At the end of my typical day with 2.1,  I would have on average 70% left on my battery. With 2.2 I have on average 50% left at the end of a typical day. So yes; the update had a negative effect on my battery life.

0 Likes
KiloPrime

Count me in, went from all day (6AM to 10PM and still had almost half a charge, now I am lucky if I can make it till noon before the battery is in the red.

What I am trying to understand is why this thread is marked SOLVED in the forum.  It's a long way from being solved.  Personally, I think they should just give us all the new Galaxy S II phone when it comes out next month.

0 Likes
sabrinak

Ugh, I went from around 10-12 hours of battery life, including frequent texting, emailing, web browsing, and game playing to 5 hours when it's doing absolutely NOTHING!!!   I turn the data transfer off, which helps, til I turn it on!  **bleep**.  But I don't think that I should even have to turn off the data transfer...otherwise, why bother to get a smart phone?  I'm **bleep**.  I'm planning on going to the vzn store but I'm sure they won't do anything.  And I'm stuck in a 2 year contract soooo it's not really worth threatening to switch to att-they'll know i'm bluffing!

0 Likes
dfield

Count Me In. About 6 Hours Of Battery Life, Using It Maybe 30 Min Of The Whole Day

0 Likes
colauser

Updated to 2.2  a week ago.  Everything except the battery life is good.  My batterlife is about half of what it was.  I can charge frequently during the day but I wish I didn't have to.   :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Coloradolawman
Same problem here. One thing I noticed is that 2.2 seems to be opening up programs/processes all on its own. I have the "Advanced Task Killer" installed. If I kill all tasks, set my phone down for 5 minutes, and kill all tasks again, it will kill up to 15 tasks. Weird since I didn't touch the phone between the two times. I think they released 2.2 a little too soon.
0 Likes
jjpslc
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's Fascinate has gone from 1.5 days to as little as 3 hours on a full charge. 

It also gets very, very hot. Ht enough you can't put it in a pocket.

In looking at the Battery Settings, it says email is using 93%. I disabled a Google image sync and Facebook sync. Will see if that helps. Will also try the battery bump. 

0 Likes
jjpslc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I installed Battery Monitor Widget. Noticed when turned on and charging, it got to about 75%, then turned red and said "discharging". Pulling/resetting the plug put it back into "charging" mode. Very strange.

0 Likes