Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
cactusjumper
Enthusiast - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

ED05 2.2.2 Leak

That I put on my phone is great

I let my phone sit all night after I charged it and it rang this morning

My Battery life is at 94% with a Time on of 15h 41m 51s

I have had not freezes

I Would not trade this for any phone that Verizon Has PERIOD

I Can not believe how this phone is running if this is the one Verizon is going to OTA it is Great

So either wait for OTA or go to XDA and do some reading

Has anyone else had a successfull update using the methods wardcst24 describes?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
tduke100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took advantage of the replacement offer and got an HTC Incredible 2.  So far so good.  I am very pleased with Verizon's proactive stance in offering replacement phones.  Don't go to a Verizon store, they have their own budgets and are not in a hurry to give away replacement phones.  Call the Verizon support desk if you want a replacement phone.      

0 Likes
pastelball

I was offered a replacement fascinate for a fix. I asked why would i want the same phone that does the same thing as the one i have. They would't transfer me to anyone else didn't seem like they wanted to help with the problem.

0 Likes
nomad_diva
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a solution to this yet or are we stuck buying batteries?

0 Likes
nahcfs
holy moly... I can't even get through the school hours - 6 hours without my phone dying. I heard Roms and third party stuff solves battery problems but isn't that voiding warranty?
0 Likes
byparrish

My phone is also eatting throught the battery in a couple of hours when it used to last a day and a half.  No usage has changed, just the updates.  Hope VZW can fix this soon  Such a hassle, especially when you add in that only half the phone calls to me are actually going through!!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

nahcfs wrote:
holy moly... I can't even get through the school hours - 6 hours without my phone dying. I heard Roms and third party stuff solves battery problems but isn't that voiding warranty?
Yes, but who cares if that solves your issues. The price of the phone has dropped considerably and you can get a brand new one on craiglist for just about $100.00
0 Likes
dbottorf

Take your fascinate phone back to Verizon and get it exchanged!  Our local store in western Kansas was aware of the exchange when we stopped a week ago.  We have the new Samsung Charge and so far, so good!  It had to be sent to us to satisfy the warrantee and there were three phones to choose from.  Don't mess around with the fascinate anymore,  It was a good phone, but that update make it a more like a land line.  A phone that has to be plugged in, isn't mobile anymore!

0 Likes
dbottorf

Take that Fascinate phone back to Verizon and get it exchanged!  Our local store in Western Kansas knew about the exchange policy, so everyone SHOULD KNOW THIS!  We got a Samsung Charge and it's a welcomed change!  There are 3 phones to choose from.  The Fascinate was a great phone until the update and now it's more like a land line.  If you have to have it plugged in all the time, it is no longer mobile!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I am running ED05

I have had my phone off the Charger for 1d 7h 12m I have made several calls, Been texting, emailing,Did a Little Internet

And my Battery is still at 68%

I Do not think 2.1 Eclair was as Battery saving as this

I wish Verizon would just release it all ready

I am not bragging I am just trying to let people know my experience and let the know there is a light at the end of the tunnel

0 Likes